work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

I would have lent a hand for the experience but just got too much on at the moment. Hope it goes well and hopefully get to read a write up on here of how it goes.

All's well that ends well and I hope that more forum members post up jobs like this. We're all here to help each other especially in these trying times of economic doom and gloom.

Maybe a forum thread for members who would like to sub some work out to other members would be a good idea? The ocasional bit of gas and heating work I'm asked to do always gets subbed out.

What a waste of time and I'm surprised. Even if there is a valid reason for it, he got someone else, or the job fell through, the op should have let you know what was happening. Courtesy is free.

he was meant to get back to me on the next day , but never did ! Never mined , just thread come back to me and thought of giving a up date !

no a big deal , as i never even got the chance to travel there to see the job . And if i did and then never hear from op I would have been really not happy . But the way it end i am ok

What a waste of time and I'm surprised. Even if there is a valid reason for it, he got someone else, or the job fell through, the op should have let you know what was happening. Courtesy is free.

Very few and far between for somebody to let you know that you didn't get the job. I've had a few who have taken the time, 2 min phone call, but in the main silence means no. When I've had work done in the past I've always taken the time to let unsuccesful people know the score.

I love it when you quote and never hear anything back and then get another call from months later to quote for a different job.

I normally say something like 'oh yes I remember you, didn't I quote for ...... a few months ago?' There is normally a deafening silence.

I agree that courtesy costs nothing, however I am sad to say that courtesy seems a bit thin on the ground.

All part of life's rich pageant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all, hope this is okay to post. Just over...
Replies
Views
Thanks so much guys, i appreciate ur advice...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What is your source of hot water? What bar...
Replies
Views
Test flow rate/pressure of your mains. If it’s...
Replies
Views
Back