Work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Stan don't know if this is of interest to you,

Job Title Plumbers Posted21/06/2012 (17:16)Agency/Employer Pimlico Plumbers DescriptionDue to expansion and development, we currently have vacancies for Plumbers.

If you are a qualified Plumber with a full trade apprenticeship and excellent customer service skills, we would be very interested in speaking to you.

General Duties:

You will be carrying out domestic repair and installation in top residential premises dealing with reputable and well respected customers.

This is quality work for high calibre trades persons. All our work is based within Central and Greater London.

Essential Requirements:

All applicants will be fully qualified Plumbers with a time served apprenticeship, relevant trade qualifications and a full UK driving licence.

We ask that candidates should have the equivalent of five years post qualification work experience and have an excellent understanding of domestic plumbing systems. All applicants should be able to demonstrate motivation and excellent customer service skills.

If you meet these criteria and would like to join our team, please forward your details for consideration. If successful you will be forming part of London's leading domestic service and maintenance teams.

In return for your skills and experience, you will receive:

* High earnings.
* Unlimited overtime available.
* Company vehicle, Volkswagen Transporter.
* Company telephone.
* Corporate uniform.
* Free parking facilities.
* Subsidised canteen.
Location Central and Greater, LondonJob Type Contract Contract Length On going Start DateASAP
Industry Construction
Contact Name
Luke Sewell Telephone0207 793 2220

Hi,

I target them because I know that every flyer I'm putting through a new-build door is going to someone who can afford to get a plumber or electrician in. If they can afford to pay a premium for a new house they can afford us. The trick is to find houses that are over 2 years old. The warranty on most new builds is 10-years structural only, 2-years on everything else.

Also, we all know that the build quality of most new-builds is rubbish, absolutely awful. Therefore the owners have plenty of jobs that need doing.

How much are you paying for flyer printing by the way? I print an A4 black and white flyer, nothing too fancy, and it costs me about 4p per flyer. I bought an HP LaserJet for printing as it's about 1/4 the running cost of an inkjet. It also prints off 1000 flyers in about 15 minutes. Cost me £140.

Interesting, I like your thinking on targeting new builds. It makes sense.

I pay £99 for 5000 full colour double sided gloss leaflets.

We are currently in our busiest period in 20 years! My dad has hardly had to look for work since he started the business after gaining his pension from British Gas but I couldn't handle the quiet times as easy as him so the last few years I have really pushed on with marketing, the website does great on google which I built myself but I'll be having a better one built soon. We also spend around £250 per month on adverts in local papers.

Just finishing our second boiler of the week tomorrow but I have been working til 7 pm every day this week, even went out at 8 tonight and just got back. Will be working until Saturday afternoon at least.

We have 8 more boilers booked in the next 8 weeks including a big unvented install which I'm excited about. Another one is a Highflow 550. I have other 1-2 day jobs to squeeze in between these installs as well. Our Mondays are booked up until 27th August! I just hope I have some more savings to show for it by the end of it as our expenses are high, I also employ someone full time, we would struggle without his help.

We were fairly quiet for a couple of weeks until this mad period started when we got 10 boilers booked in. I did 5 quotes last week and 4 confirmed this week. Doing 3 more boiler quotes tomorrow as well but I'm struggling to fit them in.

Not ideal working all these hours but can't complain as I know it can go quiet suddenly, got to make hay while the sun shines!

The work is out there during the summer season when people like to get the big jobs done. Good luck everyone in finding it!

take it all when work is there as when goes quiet you can go and relax somewhere hot !!

keep up the good work and dont let you standards of work drop down !!!

wish i was that busy !!!

i have meeting tomorrow with a company that does HA work , also my old firm is having a contract starting in 1 week so have to see where to go ,
main time I am going to print lots of A6 cards for the winter work and I am in progress of using some one to optimise my web to bring some work !
Last few days have priced 2 boiler change jobs , and have 1 confirmed ! Which i will start on saturday !

i have meeting tomorrow with a company that does HA work , also my old firm is having a contract starting in 1 week so have to see where to go ,
main time I am going to print lots of A6 cards for the winter work and I am in progress of using some one to optimise my web to bring some work !
Last few days have priced 2 boiler change jobs , and have 1 confirmed ! Which i will start on saturday !
You tried letting/estate agents etc?

We get loads of work off these, not big jobs but loads of regular work which is handy filling in jobs if we have a spare hour or so. Loads of LLCs also : )

have been in few letting agents but never ha any call from them , I think they all have there plumbers that they using
Yeah they do get a bit stuck in their ways, worth keeping in contact so if they get let down they come to you.

Hope the boiler install goes well tomorrow.

I'm getting 5,000 x A6 cards printed full colour on both sides on 250gsm gloss card for £49 including delivery. The quality is superb.

@ cr0ft above.....for £120 you could have bought a Magicolor or a Samsung COLOUR laser printer instead of £140 for a HP mono printer. Colour sells and has impact.

I'm so busy I'm struggling to find enough hours in a day to get through everything. As soon as one bathroom is finished, I'm straight on to another. I've got a lead work job to price which is something different and I enjoy it as long as the weather is ok.

I'm booked for weeks to come. Four of us on the tools. Haven't been quiet for a long time. I don't advertise. Our current job is the neighbour of the last job, we have another one about 200 yards up the road (these are reasonable sized jobs over 30K) and I have a job booked up in Sevenoaks which will take few weeks. So I'm set for a while.

My little firm does everything though. Not just plumbing. We do it to a damn good standard too. I know that sounds big headed, but I know we provide a good end product. That's why I'm confident when I talk to clients that our work is likely to be better than a lot of the local competition.

I'm really happy with the team I have and I hope I can keep the work coming in so everything can stay as is.

Never advertised and no contracts.

Lot of work for letting agents who all pay really well, couple of builders and the rest is all word of mouth.

Got 3 or 4 big jobs on and loads of stuff backed up, nightmare trying to catch up at the minute.

north or south wales mate

Similar plumbing topics

P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ha easier said than done cutting back to...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Just a guess, but you may find that the...
Replies
Views
Back