Working for a letting agent for the first time...advise pls | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Working for a letting agent for the first time...advise pls in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

P

Plumbenergy

Hello,
I have a meeting with a letting company soon to discuss working for them. I have just started my own company and have never worked for a letting agent before. Does anyone have any hints,tips or advise for me. I don't want to end up getting ripped off of the work cos i have no experience with letting agents and how it all works. Should I say I want to charge for boiler fault diagnostics as i have don't want to spend time going out fault finding and then not getting the job or payment for going. Also should i ask for other extra payments such as driving long distances or no show of tenant. Also any advise on pricing? should I say the more work the cheaper i can go or stick to say so much for the first hr then quote?

Thanks everyone, any comment greatly appreciated.

Tom

The biggest problem I find in rental properties is getting hold of the tanants to arrange access.
If you can get the agent to let you have keys for the properties it can save a lot of time.

check out their terms and conditions during the meet and read them well - go through it with a fine tooth coomb, or if your lazy like me get your missus to do it and blame her if it goes wrong, after that , if your happy then get involved. I know they have alot of bad press and I can appreciate why but if you get a few good ones to work with you will be doing well

Similar plumbing topics

Yes I'm basically using it as a programmer to...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
But they don’t drain the system so can still...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the...
Replies
Views
Back