working out of scope | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss working out of scope in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

back boiler and fire is counted as a boiler(bbu) and you dont need a fire ticket that was direct from BGs legal team when i queried it last winter as i was working for them

Last edited:
silly me i thought that was called 10% markup ie 100 percent origional plus 10% markup
a sales price can be advertised as 110% if you want it to, it simply means its 10% over the purchase price, a more important question is why is anyone only adding 10%?????????? you are deluding yourself, 20-25% of purchase price is what i was told by senior commercial managers who were experts in the contract field we were in to cover the "actual" costs of ordering/checking/uplifting/stocking/waiting on payment, and thats all before the guy in the van gets sent to fit the part

It was my local independent who explained how he worked his MARGIN on supplied goods and that's how he prices his sales (been doing, it same place same supplies, over 20years).
Simply put He buys a part at X cost I pay his cost plus the % which is always more than 100% because he buys more than I do.
Some times he can be 20 30 quid more expensive but when you turn up and need a part and he has it on the shelf its worth that 110%

What a load of rubbish on an otherwise relavent thread!

REDSAW surely if it was an hr rate and took 20 min thats only 300% unless you only gave it 33% effort?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know the price of bread:wink:
its £1.20 for medium braces LOL,and 2 quid for the other stuff i dont like but the wife does because it has budgie seed in it or something and apparently is good for your well being,as i pointed out beer is good for my well being,it de stresses me unless its stella that has a profound effect on me which is not good for anyone's well being lol

Last edited by a moderator:
What a load of rubbish on an otherwise relavent thread!

REDSAW surely if it was an hr rate and took 20 min thats only 300% unless you only gave it 33% effort?
no, it was a price job for 3 hours plus parts. i fixed the problem instead and took only 20 mins for a job i didnt want to do so charged the agreed rate and solved the problem.lol.

sorry to bring you guys down but.

There should be some common sense rule like...
If your found to be working out of scope on minor works you should have to prove that you have complied with the relavent regs regarding that appliance as long as your other tickets show a level of competancy -no prob. excluding instalation of course.

I remember adding an element to my ACS that involved 10min training and 1 question on a paper, does that really make me any safer to work on that appliance than any other well read engineer?

sorry to bring you guys down but.

There should be some common sense rule like...
If your found to be working out of scope on minor works you should have to prove that you have complied with the relavent regs regarding that appliance as long as your other tickets show a level of competancy -no prob. excluding instalation of course.

I remember adding an element to my ACS that involved 10min training and 1 question on a paper, does that really make me any safer to work on that appliance than any other well read engineer?

Not the point. If true then how will all those impoverished testing organisations & centres buy their nice second cars?

Similar plumbing topics

C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
We are looking for an enthusiastic Plumber and...
Replies
Views
Also, they could even supply their own tube...
Replies
Views
A
TRVs open? Any other valves been touched?
Replies
Views
I said in another post, heat pumps have been...
Replies
Views
Back