Working pressure effecting combustion. | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Working pressure effecting combustion. in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

I agree 1 can lead to the other however until pipework is sorted and you can confirm that was the low pressure issue in this instance, I’d say they should be classed as separate, what hpns if you advise that changing the pipework will sort the issue and it doesn’t

I don't know why it wouldn't, but they're not compounding issues, one doesn't make the other worse so for me it wouldn't change how I'd class the fault.
Undersized pipework and low pressure at the meter - that compounds
Poor combustion and inadequate flue terminal clearance - that compounds
I don't know why I'm arguing the Point tho as I'd AR it anyway :)

I don't really understand gassafe their quite happy to let you make your own mind up but in the one time in 10years I got inspected the fella got really upset when I didn't get out the stopwatch for a drop test and said I'll time it if its dropped after I put my tools away.
I got the timer out :rolleyes:

There still there just note down / advise but don’t act on which is what was done before but still there

Well yes make a note to cover your bum for sure. But as I said NCS does not exist anymore.
There’s an update to GIUSP available on gas Safe website :)

But it does still have to note it down so still exists

Only saying what the guys leading the reassessment taught me and I’d rather use it than not

Yes but GIUSP comes from the HSE. I think I’m probably going to follow the gas laws rather than a bloke in a training centre

What about gas safe don’t you follow them ?

A regulation and a procedure. I'm quite happy to use NCS terminology and in my bubble I'm the law, but I'll consider the regulations while I'm putting on my spurs and drinking at the sloon:D

I don’t disagree with the sentiment you still have to advise customers. Call it advisory NC NCS whatever you still have to do it

Similar plumbing topics

Mate, all you need to do is everything, to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
B
Re: Symptoms and problems associated with low...
Replies
Views
diamondgas
D
M
Hahaha i remember something about 200ppm but...
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Back