Working Pressure versus Operation Pressure | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Working Pressure versus Operation Pressure in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

fast trackers often havent had time to learn any bad habits,
also dont underestimate theyre determination to become an engineer many of them have invested their savings and gone back to college

Working pressure is at the meter whilst appliance is working to check governor/regulator

Operating pressure is burner pressure at burner to check gas valve is set correctly

Inlet pressure is testing pipework whilst appliance is working

Standing pressure is the useless one

Thats how I know it

Last edited:
I did my ACS exams for the 3rd time last month and one of the written questions concerned what I would do if the working pressure at the meter was out of range of normal. But instead of asking me to list what should be done....contact ESP etc etc, it asked that I assume I was an operative for an ESP and had to alter the regulator on the meter myself.

I spoke to my examiner who agreed the question was strange but that perhaps it is included because there are steps in place to change the rules about which gas operatives can change the meter pressure if incorrect. Let's face it, how many seals do we find that are broken?

Food for thought.....

Working pressure is at the meter whilst appliance is working to check governor/regulator

Operating pressure is burner pressure at burner to check gas valve is set correctly

Inlet pressure is testing pipework whilst appliance is working

Standing pressure is the useless one

Thats how I know it

and me

most of em cant even gas rate the boiler could be on fire in front of em and if the fga said it was ok they would believe it thats not just bg though ive worked at a few places and never cease to be amazed by the level of laziness of some people

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, i was wondering if there was...
Replies
Views
Thanks Enthalpy, Your conclusion is exactly...
Replies
Views
A bit late but what were the test results, did...
Replies
Views
Thanks very much for your help.
Replies
Views
Many thanks for your reply. I have checked the...
Replies
Views
Back