Working pressure. | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Working pressure. in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

I think if it was carried out by a sub contractor, they have to supply a 5-6 year warranty on shoddy work, the 2 years is for defective parts. I know my old boss had a bond retained for this period of time to cover defects that needed remedial work if he went bust..

Not sure how it all works now as they have lost a lot of pace recently and Carrillion have taken over from Eaga. My experience of Carrillion is that they can't organise a crap in a lavatory. I know a few years ago they were very hot on customer complaints and getting a local councillor involved normally got things moving pretty quick!

Did you contact Eaga/Carrillion/Warmfront or the installer direct?

I think sambotc is correct, 6 year period for faulty or poor installation work. I went to one about three years ago that had been in about five years and had never worked right. Contacted Baxi for advice regarding the install and they said it's ID far as they're concerned, customer got trading standards in and that was under warmfront,they got called back after all that time and told to put it right, which they did.

good to know gas safe arent interested in undergassing going to save me lots of money on 28mm tube infact no point in using 22 anymore just wang it in 15 and out the door

They're interested in checking out you're new installs Steve. Just not in helping out someone who's had a poorly installed boiler a year and a half ago it seems :(

Having worked for Iguana/eagaheat/CES for 5 1/2 years I've seen some diabolical installs done under the warmfront scheme. I used to get a bit defensive about it because I, and the local guys working with me, used to make sure we did a decent job every time. I managed to get myself a reputation as a problem solver and ended up getting pulled off installs for half of the time and put on remedial works. A lot of the work was very shoddy and downright dangerous at times.

Nothing to do with me! I wish they would use their proper title.. giving me a bad name!:73:

Get back in touch with Gas Safe Register, they are fobbing you off. State that the appliances flames are being effected by the restrictive pipework, which makes it AR or ID catorgory in the industry unsafe situations proceedure , published by gas safe register. Therefore the work is unsafe and it is their job to investigate complaints about unsafe gas work. If that don't work complain about Gas safe register not doing what thier supossed to do, to your MP.

Similar plumbing topics

I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The basin & bathtaps will be pretty old to be...
Replies
Views
D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
Back