Work's dried up... | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Work's dried up... in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Not sure why, but I've only had two jobs in the last three weeks.
My website is still on page 1 of Google, got adwords running too, but it's just sooo quiet.
At this rate I might have to get a proper job, eurgh...
Anyone else quiet, or is it just me?

I've been quieter definitely. I've been self employed fifteen years and I still can't get used to it.

Very quiet here too , just getting few little jobs ! Few big installs on the pipe line that I am trying to win . Lost two installs (been to expensive ) . But Keep been positive .......( what else can I do :) lol )

Over our area, we are seeing almost exactly the same per day level of business throughout Jan, and so far Feb. (not counting the first couple of days in Jan when people hadn't started back). Not much on Eco at present, but that was only ever pockets of work for us - it was never our bread and butter. Green Deal = complete waste of time as far as I can tell.

Well ray, green deal is an work scheme. In four years time be ripping out all the Eco stuff and fitting new boilers. We have probably removed a few hundred warm front jobs

Phone never rings much for me in January. I'm just lucky this year that I had a large project over December/January to tide me through. Phone has started ringing again as soon as people get paid for February.

Hope it picks up for you too.

my works quiet but thats because i have binned the builders at xmas time , had loads of worked booked in but was utterly fed up with hassle builders bring to the table so walked away from loads.

brave decision as was 80% of my work but happier earning less with less stress as well

oddly the new work i have been getting is custs fed up with the plumbs they have been using

there's seams to be a steady pattern emerging on this thread already.
Strangely the last half of last year was my busiest for years, I was turning work down.
99 % of work through Jan was what was booked in before xmas, but as most of you have said 'the phone is quiet, er very quiet.
Personally for once in my life it might help 12.30 today I am having a bloody hernia opp (OH JOY) so convalescing may be a bit easier knowing I are't letting anybody down.

Quiet for me too. I'm considering whether or not to try and get a full time job with a firm and try to get my own jobs booked into the weekends. Plenty of customers making enquiries but hardly any takers at the moment, not sure if they're looking for the cheapest they can find but I'm not making concessions for anyone.

The last 1-2 weeks the phone hasn't rung much, but luckily I have had worked booked in that will beep me busy for the next couple of weeks. Also got a fair few other jobs where the quote has been accepted and I am just waiting for a start date, probably about 10 weeks of work over 3 jobs. This is the busiest I have been since starting up 2 1/2 years ago.

Not sure why, but I've only had two jobs in the last three weeks.
My website is still on page 1 of Google, got adwords running too, but it's just sooo quiet.
At this rate I might have to get a proper job, eurgh...
Anyone else quiet, or is it just me?

haven't had a proper wage subbing since December,just bits and bats,me mate who was suppling some work has dried up

Yeah small jobs lately, plus servicing & the odd breakdown.... Gone quite on boiler installs lately too :(

quoted one today tho, so hopefully get it :)

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello Sergiu I would use it, but it's hard to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, don’t just fix into tiles. Drill 6mm hole...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
Back