Work's dried up... | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Work's dried up... in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Currently won a contract subbying for heating work, all in nursing homes, 2 elson swaps a day, 6 thermo mixing valves, 10 rad swaps and new valves. Hard graft!!

No scrap, fast work. I dont like, im getting moved to cover private work, bathrooms, maintenance etc. heating work based around u ermintrude, newcastle. Sorry JAH, i work for a guy, he sorts out jobs.

Btw, i hate thermo mixing valves.... Hate them with a passion, to fit under a bath or under a basin is a nightmare. Under sinks i dont mind, normally have to repipe the hot and cold back from back panel.

U up in the toon next week? U rushed off your feet? One of our lads left went to work for another firm.... Sounded ok till he said they had a taxi driver doing cp12 between taxi jobs. Apparently he's never done any install work and is a little green. Doh!!

Lol I like that. Bathroom - £x. If you want it to have a WC add £y. For an optional extra basin, add £z. I bet that would go down a treat with custards.

I can't be cheaper as I win jobs on the normal rate , it's the people that expect it done on the cheap that I don't get there work some time ! It's annoying as I give them better price and they still ask for more .......
Startimg a big job Monday full house P&H 1st fix including drainage visiting another 3 jobs to survey tomorrow hopefully will get them which will put a smile back on my face .....

Hey JC

When I search for your "Bolton plumber" term I can see you on the right hand column paid for ad and on page two of the paid for top adverts.

Your unpaid listing comes on page 3.

If you keep searching for your own listing from your own computer, for some reason google ALWAYS lists you on page one (tells you what it think you want to see?).

So whilst you may think your generic website is listed on page one, When I search I don't see that!

In terms of marketing, if I may be as bold. I would like to offer some feedback on your website if you so wish

BTW from my research most of the customers who contact me from the google search choose to phone me because I am(was) listed as the fist generic (i.e. no paid for advert) in the list after the top paid for box.

I say used, because I have noticed that my rank has slipped down to the lower end of page one just recently!

regards

Russ

Hey JC

When I search for your "Bolton plumber" term I can see you on the right hand column paid for ad and on page two of the paid for top adverts.

Your unpaid listing comes on page 3.

If you keep searching for your own listing from your own computer, for some reason google ALWAYS lists you on page one (tells you what it think you want to see?).

So whilst you may think your generic website is listed on page one, When I search I don't see that!

In terms of marketing, if I may be as bold. I would like to offer some feedback on your website if you so wish

BTW from my research most of the customers who contact me from the google search choose to phone me because I am(was) listed as the fist generic (i.e. no paid for advert) in the list after the top paid for box.

I say used, because I have noticed that my rank has slipped down to the lower end of page one just recently!

regards

Russ

hes on page 1 when I google it, about halfway down on organic search

Got it, yup your right PM

must have missed it first time

great job JC for getting on page one, it takes some work to do that!

Russ

To be honest it takes a few minutes every month or so to stay on page 1 for me. Not sure if I've just been lucky or what, but maybe I should be advertising my SEO services as well as plumbing ;)
I didn't do any SEO for a few months before xmas and I fell off page 1, a website developer/SEO seller phoned me just after xmas to offer his services, I told him to do one because I'm already on page 1, he argued enough to make me check and I was very embarrassed when he was right.
So I told him to ring me back in a week if I can't get back on page 1 myself. All I did was change a few bits on the website, literally 2 minutes work, 3 days later I was back on page 1. He hasn't phoned me back yet ;)

When i look at chaps in google i get:
3026S_a.jpg

icon_pubjoe_fastlove.gif

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello Sergiu I would use it, but it's hard to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, don’t just fix into tiles. Drill 6mm hole...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
Back