Worst boiler to work on competition | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worst boiler to work on competition in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? What problems have you had?

I hate the plastic case. I hate the stupid display that confuses every customer. Hate the way that when you unpack it and remove the plastic plugs half a pint of jet black water comes out. Always half to free the pump up on start up. Nuts are a nightmare to tighten. Condense fitting is in a stupid spot that always looks pony no matter how you pipe it. So all in all, not keen!

Its a bit obvious but can we now do THE EASIEST BOILER to work on

Diamond are they the old sauniers that had a flap in the flue as an APS?

AWheating I am still repairing pumas now! There are a few estates around here that were fitted up with them, and a few still remain.

Agree with millsy on the O ring subject, why is it some manufacturers give you 90% of the O rings you need to change a part how they suggest, and throw a few others in that are useless along the way? Have to do a diverter on another 28CDI next week, only needs a diaphragm but you have to remove the whole valve completely to get to the diaphragm so just as well chuck a new one in and get the washers/O rings with it as well. I think it almost works out cheaper as well.

You say anything french, personally I love the chaffoteaux britony combis I know them inside out and they are very easy to work on. Just don't touch anything you don't have to!

I always do diaphrams without removing the diverter valves on CDI's, the screw right at the back to take the head off is really alkward to get to but I use a small ratchett, still a nasty job but prefer it to removing whole thing.

Easiest - Open flue thorn M42 :) - More modern I've worked on a good few Baxi's and find them relatively easy to get around! The GloWorms are a mare!!!

went to look at a pig of a thing earlier was just told by the custy its a baxi combi,it was a baxi genesis,sorry mate not touching that

went to look at a pig of a thing earlier was just told by the custy its a baxi combi,it was a baxi genesis,sorry mate not touching that

Yes the Genisis was baxi's hybrid transition to the combi market! A monstrosity! The guts of a combi lumped on top of an apollo 80 If my memory serves me well?

Yes the Genisis was baxi's hybrid transition to the combi market! A monstrosity! The guts of a combi lumped on top of an apollo 80 If my memory serves me well?
its a chaff in disguise plastic everywhere

Plastic ... hmmmm! So then it's the one with the guts slung underneath? Another horrible piece of kit I wonder what boiler it was with the gutts above? I'm sure it was a baxi???

Plastic ... hmmmm! So then it's the one with the guts slung underneath? Another horrible piece of kit I wonder what boiler it was with the gutts above? I'm sure it was a baxi???
not sure was it a wall mounted?

Yeh wall mounted, as said it had the old apollo 80 BF bellow it and an add on pump, diverter and weird little cylinder thing blue i think it was heat-ex :)
i think i know what your on about it was a right bitsa if its the same heap,nasty shed of a thing

Chaff Britony , look after loads of these still, I like um! Not a great boiler but everything is simples and relatively cheap to fix... Wouldn't have one in my house though!The later SE isn't bad though!Neither are any more plasticy than a green star junior!

Last edited:
Chaff Britony , look after loads of these still, I like um! Not a great boiler but everything is simples and relatively cheap to fix... Wouldn't have one in my house though!The later SE isn't bad though!Neither are any more plasticy than a green star junior!
yes but i dont like greenstars either:D mind baxis 133 he is far,far worst

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
TRV's are faulty if acting in a binary fashion.
Replies
Views
Back