Worst boiler you've worked on or seen | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worst boiler you've worked on or seen in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IDCHAPPY

I guess I'm fairly new to the boiler work game(about 5-6 years) but for me it has to be the (im)famous Ideal Isar range. How did that ever pass the testing phase is beyond me, the amount of them I've worked on with chocked condensate traps and a boiler filled with metal eating condensate :(

tajyzuje.jpg

Ever seen an isar this bad. I serviced this one yesterday. Needless to say it had never been do e before

Thats not even approaching bad :), its when the ports are blocked solid you know its going to be a pain

6aje8u3a.jpg

Two inches to the right of the isar we have some lovely pipework. Was going to save it for the hall of shame but can't be bothered. If anyone else can be botherd to put it there then be my guest!!

6aje8u3a.jpg

Two inches to the right of the isar we have some lovely pipework. Was going to save it for the hall of shame but can't be bothered. If anyone else can be botherd to put it there then be my guest!!

Did you bother to change the pipework?

:lol: are they that bad? I've only seen the one.. thankfully?
Powermax seem to be terrible too. Not a big fan of kestons and that stupid rubber hose they have for an internal flue pipe that rots on a bi-annual basis :(

:lol: are they that bad? I've only seen the one.. thankfully?
Powermax seem to be terrible too. Not a big fan of kestons and that stupid rubber hose they have for an internal flue pipe that rots on a bi-annual basis :(

Rubber thing has been updated to a metal one, been about for few years check ur spares man isn't selling u old car parts

Rubber thing has been updated to a metal one, been about for few years check ur spares man isn't selling u old car parts

I'm sure one of them metal one rusted/ split on me too. I did have a newer newer metal one the last time though :p

Worst boiler ? - its probably the last one we fixed today or then again it it might be the next one on Monday - basically they are all varying degrees of rubbish mostly badly maintained by their owners who expect us to pick the problem Chking
I guess I'm fairly new to the boiler work game(about 5-6 years) but for me it has to be the (im)famous Ideal Isar range. How did that ever pass the testing phase is beyond me, the amount of them I've worked on with chocked condensate traps and a boiler filled with metal eating condensate :(

Worst boiler ? - its probably the last one we fixed today or then again it it might be the next one on Monday - basically they are all varying degrees of rubbish mostly badly maintained by their owners who expect us to pick the problem Chking

Today? Blimey, you're keen :p
I did work on a vokera flow master about 3 months ago that had never been serviced or looked at.. it lasted must have been near 25 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Did you ever get an answer to your problem? We...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Worcester normally have a section in the...
Replies
Views
Its Autumn temps are heading down and a one...
Replies
Views
In his own personal Opinion of course :D:D:D:D
Replies
Views
Back