worst job you have to do at 4.45 | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Billy Bob Bob
  • Start date
  • Replies 32
  • Views 454

Discuss worst job you have to do at 4.45 in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

yes 4.45 or a quarter to five i forgot i had promised a loyal custard i would service it this afternoon a maxol bcu and robinson willey viza 2 i hate it the only one i look after dont start me off on the stupid ignition spindle that falls off younger engineers may be wondering what the hell i am on about, maxol bcu,work of the devil whats everyone elses day been like?

Its been a good day, got my wet room tanking painted on and all my pipework amended. 4.45 was off to look at a poorly mira excel.

dont want to rub it in but i've had a fab day gettin drunk with my mate, not had much else to do these days

Good day tbh, reseal flexis going into one of them pillar mixer taps pain in the bum though fishbowl sing had to come out to get to the thing but was in and out in an hour. Next was redo PRV as pikeys had robbed it off the wall and change the expansion vessel in a vailant took about 10-15 mins. And then finish off a cylinder flow and return wasn't connected as my brother cracked his head on the cuboard heads already weak as he was hit with a hammer 8 months ago. Had a load of laughs with my boss as well :D

did nothing all they ,just few phone calls trying to organise some work for next few weeks ! having meeting with a lady to sort out optimising my web and to try to convince her to get rif ouf her hot air unit and put full central heating (wish me luck)tomorrow going to
see a commpany to put some signs on my van and survey a boiler and unvented cylinder install ,not much this days but lets hope for some more !

I was fishing a pipe in an attic for a condensate pump around that time.Bloody pain the backside, I would have been finished a couple of hours before if I didn't have to find a suitable route for it.

I was fishing a pipe in an attic for a condensate pump around that time.Bloody pain the backside, I would have been finished a couple of hours before if I didn't have to find a suitable route for it.

Not a good day for being in an attic!!!

Two clients I had to visit, that was morning taken care of. Then repaired a thermal store, then went back to an install job where I needed to fit the flue. Not a great day, not the worse one though.

Tommorow I'm fiddling around with a one pipe system, which I cut a large section out of back in the winter (so the client could have electric underfloor heating and lose the rads in those rooms). Now they apparently want me to chop more of it out. It's all in 2 and 3" large steel pipe, and I have to cut all the threads by hand. It's going to suck.

I despised doing steel pipe in college, hated threading anything and then putting the fittings on never ever wanna do it again :p

I hate it too mate, but I'll be swinging those steelsons tommorow and earning a crust!!

Oh and I'll only be threading the 1 and 2" stuff, I'll have to just use what's there with the main run. Its a big house and even though its one pipe, it spilts off into different runs.

Gets the grey matter working as well as the arms.

Haha true, was only small pipe in college but still a pain in the bum with 20 year old hand threaders they still work great though

It was roasting up that attic at the time, wish I had ran the pipe in the morning!

I despised doing steel pipe in college, hated threading anything and then putting the fittings on never ever wanna do it again :p

I liked working with steel, done a few heating jobs in steel, dont like stinking of boss white n hemp though

Been in a loft this afternoon, was horrible, really hot and loads and loads of loft insulation. I couldn't see the joists and nearly fell through the roof. Then when I got down had loads of the stuff stuck to my arms, then it makes me go all itchy. I HATE LOFTS.

As far as the 4.45 jobs go, I tend to be just getting in then, but used to work until after five most days when I was on the cards at my last place.

One day, I had just finished and it was about half fourish when the office rang. Asked me to take a job a few miles from where I was, reluctantly I said yes as it was only a rad in the bathroom not working and it was an old dears house.

Anyway, pull up outside and remember I had the villa that night (it was the carling cup semi vs blackburn), anyway ran inside the house, ran the heating, rad in bathrrom stone cold. Took the TRV head off and still nothing, give the pin a good smashing..........still nothing. The old lady kindly asked me if I could get the job sorted today as she was going away.

As I had the villa and rush hour was in full swing, I though, I know I'll snatch this valve and be done in five mins!!! Gets back into the bathroom, trv in hand, isolated rad, removed from wall.

Stared at the TRV for a sec...........then went for it. Old TRV off, thumb over pipe. Then had this strange feeling in my thumb. I had forgotton to turn the heating back off and this scalding water was burning the hell out of my thumb, had to remove it in the end.

Some how I managed to get the new TRV on and the rad working, but I'll think twice about snatching anything again.

More haste less speed I think from then on.

whats everyone elses day been like?

My job started tuesday morning and its just finnished after a week up in scotland had a long old slog but all is good now
So in a nut shell apart from the driving my day has been good

When i was doing the heating packs ( done in a day stuff) we use to call friday 'leaky friday' . All week no probs come friday afternoon we always seem to have a drip think it got in our subconscious in the end as it seem to become quite regular, start the morning with 'here we go leaky friday'

An electric pipe threader Tamz, but think about all the money I've saved joining a gym.

Anyway, it was seriously hot up in that loft, got most of the system done. The builders were knocking two rooms into one, and one radiator was on a circuit via the Aga, and the other was on the boiler. So it was two drain downs...plus stripping out the hot/cold services to the bathroom. It was a tough day,

Still I'm sure I'm not alone.

My day was a doddle.
Went to the district court to get my licence endorsed and pay my £60 (phone:eek:)
fitted a tmv and cleaned out the grease trap at a chippy (not very nice but easy enough)
back to the house, planted my hanging baskets and cut the grass
sat around for a bit enjoying the sun (yes it was sunny here today)
pub

My day was a doddle.
Went to the district court to get my licence endorsed and pay my £60 (phone:eek:)
fitted a tmv and cleaned out the grease trap at a chippy (not very nice but easy enough)
back to the house, planted my hanging baskets and cut the grass
sat around for a bit enjoying the sun (yes it was sunny here today)
pub

perfect day then,got a powermax to service tomorrow,nice then a dead worcester 9.24 never been to this house before be interesting to see if the bf terminals in one piece

An electric pipe threader Tamz, but think about all the money I've saved joining a gym.

Anyway, it was seriously hot up in that loft, got most of the system done. The builders were knocking two rooms into one, and one radiator was on a circuit via the Aga, and the other was on the boiler. So it was two drain downs...plus stripping out the hot/cold services to the bathroom. It was a tough day,

Still I'm sure I'm not alone.

get a apprentice,thats what they are for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back