Woscester 30cdi Greenstar system boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Woscester 30cdi Greenstar system boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matthew20

Hi I have a Worcester bosch 30cdi greenstar system boiler when i turn the heating on the flow pipe becomes hot the flame light is on ,flue fan on , pump running after about 5mins the flame led turns off and the pump stops, have tried the reset button

hi, sounds like the boiler is over heating, does your hot water work ok?

Have you got enough pressure in the boiler should be set about 1 - 1.5 bar

it did loose about 0.2bar and while it was working about a week ago it was discharging water through the pressure relief

If you are regulary refiling the system, It could be a faulty pressure relief valve, or a faulty expansion vessel, or the expansion vessel needs recharging.

Last edited:
i only topped it up once and twisted the valve which stopped it discharging

No pressure remains constant flame led turns off U6 is displayed on led screen

have checked the pump it is not jammed or sticking but there is power going to it and its not running (only runs for about 5mins when boiler starts)

Could be a motorised valve faulty, not sure what the U6 code means, when hot water is on do you get the same fault code

Very strange it has now started to work again is there sensors on the flow and return pipes ?
Does the display on the from indicate the temp of the flow ?

if it has started to work again, it does sound like a overheat problem, see if the boiler runs with heating and hot water on, make sure the hot water tank is cold. If the boiler continues to works but the radiators are not heating up, it is very possible that the motorised is stuck on hot water, therefore when the demand for heating is on, the boiler will over heat as there is no where for the water to go.

CDi's display U when its over 99 degrees. U1 U2 U3 etc. Defo overheating. Not circulating for some reason mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
J
In a simular situation to yourself, partners...
Replies
Views
I understand, thanks for letting me know.
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back