You gotta love last job on a friday | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss You gotta love last job on a friday in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st job - Replace a 40mm safety valve, tools out, look at sparkling new valve already in place. Tools back into van.
2nd job - Purge a gas line after phoenix changed a meter regulator and couldn't be bothered to do it themselves.
Paper out, mug of rosie.
3rd job - 15 mile away. Blocked loo. plunged and flushed nicely
4th job - Back into Belfast - Another blocked loo.

Home by half one.

And Croppie now has beer!

Just got a call for an outside tap.

"Can you come and do it now?"

"I can do it in 2 weeks if that's okay?"

"That would be great!"

And now u have a surplus gas valve !

I've 2 2" multiblock gas valves in the shed that were submerged last year that I keep meaning to get round to cleaning and testing.

This one was a brass safety valve.

IMAG0096.jpg

1st job - Replace a 40mm safety valve, tools out, look at sparkling new valve already in place. Tools back into van.
2nd job - Purge a gas line after phoenix changed a meter regulator and couldn't be bothered to do it themselves.
Paper out, mug of rosie.
3rd job - 15 mile away. Blocked loo. plunged and flushed nicely
4th job - Back into Belfast - Another blocked loo.

Home by half one.

And Croppie now has beer!

Thats a very diverse work load mate.

my last job was to change an inlet valve. design of toilet meant you had to take cistern off but bolts rusted to hell, no access to cut and pan concreted to floor. but it was a fluidmaster so i thought, 'just pull top off old one and plonk new one on'

tiniest disturbance of valve started leak on back nut underneath. no access to get to it. spent an hour fighting with bolts. got one off, the other - no chance.

so they need a new loo. turns out they wanted one and were pleased. so all's well...

Mine was service a 105e and fit a new stuffing box on the ht water side. P.O.P, charged more for stuffing box. And then beer aaaahhhhhhh.

As a poor bl00dy merchant, I still haven't done my last job on a Friday, which is to lock the doors and thank god I won't see another plumber until Monday! :)

tee hee...

As a poor bl00dy merchant, I still haven't done my last job on a Friday, which is to lock the doors and thank god I won't see another plumber until Monday! :)

tee hee...

Funny thing is you won't see them, but you'll spend all weekend talking to them on here!

Yep. because we give you the respect you truly deser..............

Nope. Couldn't keep it going. Not with a straight face.......

Bloke in the yard said to me the other day "Why are you always smiling?"

"Because I have absolutely no idea what's going on!" I replied.

I keep the front bit clean. The back's a different story entirely and on this weekends list!

I've 2 2" multiblock gas valves in the shed that were submerged last year that I keep meaning to get round to cleaning and testing.

This one was a brass safety valve.

View attachment 13063

Story of my LIFE a shed full to the brim if things that will come in handy ! Or need somthing doing to them ! But i will never get rid !

Bigger shed needed i think

Its a current shape Ford Transit, I can tell you that much!!

I've spent all day putting right a dodgy shower pump install. The cold feed was teed off the cylinder cold feed and the hot was teed of the cylinder vent pipe!! Relocated the pump to the airing cupboard, dedicated tank feed and surrey flange fitted! The customer is on his third pump in 18 months, fitted by a local plumber that I've had the displeasure of working on a lot of his previous work recently!

First job pick up PDA (first time using one)
second job spend all day trying to suss out how to use it

First job monday morning ,sacked!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yep metric and imperial versions most likely...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Wait until you can get hold of somebody with...
Replies
Views
Back