You'd think being in a position to be picky about work would be cushty. | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss You'd think being in a position to be picky about work would be cushty. in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Tricky, annoying or smelly, most of my jobs include at least 2 of those and sometimes all 3 if the customer is a plank. lol

Not wanting to do the tricky or annoying or smelly ones
Love how you categories your picky jobs "TRICKY, ANNOYING, SMELLY"
absolute classic.

That's my problem, have to turn some good jobs down. I normally have a chat about the boiler fault. See if I fancy it, and then ask what boiler it is. Then say oh no, don't do,them or, parts are expensive ring the manufacturer.

i can bring myself to trust people to pack and post stuff cos it aint rocket science.

Whilst its obviously less complex than plumbing, you will still have the same problems. The issue is that your employees won't care about your business in the same way that you will.

Learning to cope with that fact, and to realise that it didn't make them bad people was the hardest lesson I have learned in my business career. Now I understand that its my job to design systems and processes that allow and motivate ordinary people to do an extraordinary job.

Now I understand that its my job to design systems and processes that allow and motivate ordinary people to do an extraordinary job.

z_pxi-Good.jpg

Similar plumbing topics

E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
yes , the meter for the immersion heater. Not...
Replies
Views
    • Love
It is London and Manchester, if you download...
Replies
Views
I'm still waiting for the last two to pay out...
Replies
Views
Well she has got British Gas in to do it. In...
Replies
Views
Back