A Plumber - The lowest job? | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss A Plumber - The lowest job? in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi rob its hurdy .:punk: aways knew i would work with my hands, plumbing was the game for me,but unfortunatly you will aways get these ars**** that think because they have high earning office job they are better than you,thats where revenge is sweet,hit them in the pocket.:66:

I have a masters degree and did research into fuel cells for the biggest army in the world for £12k - what a joke. I thought my degree would put me up there. It did I got a job with Jarvis earning £60k as a construction manager. Worked in big stuff for a long time. But stress an long hours. I can now make a very healthy salary being a lowly plumber. I am looked down on by people I used to know , until they ask for me to do a job...... Then they are stumped at what I charge! In one day I can earn more than a barrister, doctor or unemployed pilot I can't make more than a diver. 40k for 28days better investment than any degree! If I had my time again I wouldn't go to university. I would buy a van learn my trade, smash the living day lights out of jobs mon through Friday and party like its 1999 all weekend. Uni is a brilliant experience . Unfortunately any decent degree had lots of contact time 35h a week plus a good 14 to 20h private study. I'm talking an Meng not a bsc in Michael Jackson studies at Wolverhampton poly!

I loved my education and wish I had time to be nose deep in thermodynamics, physical chemistry or mathematics but I don't and it's sad!

Last edited by a moderator:
the problem is in defining the person because of his/her job and trying to define intelligence because of what they do for a living.

apart from sparks, they are all thick!! ;)

the problem is in defining the person because of his/her job and trying to define intelligence because of what they do for a living.

apart from sparks, they are all thick!! ;)

My apprenticeship started with underground jointing, linesman sparks etc. Where would you lot be without the national grid, none of your pumps, boilers, etc. or whatever would work without a tough "thick" sparky. I am still glad I did my plumb training as well though !

good sparks aye thick, just most ;)

im a fully qualified sparks, its harder than plumbing/gas to learn and understand properly. But you still dont see alot of work done well, its the same as any trade, sum good, sum bad...........mainly bad!!

now spreads, they are really ............. :)

I've spent much of my life in the printing trade working my way up in that game from 3 and a bit quid an hour to start with upto a decent wage, working long hours and putting in the effort and hard graft . but the recession hit and well I felt my career was plummeting filling in for those that had been made redundant so decided to call it a day as I just wasn't happy doing it anymore. I decided to give plumbing a go still prepared to work hard and graft I just want to be happy doing what I'm doing and be able to pay my way, put food in the family's mouths

My age group have no understanding of skilled work.
all they know is qualifications.
to them its gcse's, a levels or uni degrees!

careful with this my age group malarkey were not far apart you and I the only difference being my parents left me out in the rain and as a result I aged terribly!!

good sparks aye thick, just most ;)

im a fully qualified sparks, its harder than plumbing/gas to learn and understand properly. But you still dont see alot of work done well, its the same as any trade, sum good, sum bad...........mainly bad!!

now spreads, they are really ............. :)

W = A x V nought hard about that, you sparks make mountains out of mole hills, but keep up telling us electrics is hard, someone will agree to keep you happy.

careful with this my age group malarkey were not far apart you and I the only difference being my parents left me out in the rain and as a result I aged terribly!!

Haha i thought it was just the haircut? ;)

you have to admit, havent you noticed around the 20 mark at the moment are useless!

people rib plumbers as plumbing used to be a joke trade , unpopular and laughed at unblock my toilet you skiv type of attitude . All my mates use to mock my job but now its in a different way

one in particular always use to give it gyp to me until one day i pointed out to him that i have spent more living it up in thailand than his house is worth and yet im not in debt over a holiday

also use to burn twenty pound notes in front of him to wind him up now he calls me a con man lol

I felt pretty low just now. Led in filth under a kitchen sink changing the tap and had to remove the trap for access. A drop of water fell from the scum, rotten food and hair in the plug hole and went in my mouth.

I felt pretty low just now. Led in filth under a kitchen sink changing the tap and had to remove the trap for access. A drop of water fell from the scum, rotten food and hair in the plug hole and went in my mouth.

I hope you remembered to swallow:1eye:

My apprenticeship started with underground jointing, linesman sparks etc. Where would you lot be without the national grid, none of your pumps, boilers, etc. or whatever would work without a tough "thick" sparky. I am still glad I did my plumb training as well though !
plenty of ways to build a heating system without electrics first boiler i ever worked on had a wind up time clock and the modulating burner worked on a capilary tube

W = A x V nought hard about that, you sparks make mountains out of mole hills, but keep up telling us electrics is hard, someone will agree to keep you happy.

im not a sparks, tho ive done the same level of qualification in both plumbing and electrical and i know which needs more "intelligence" to pass. this said i cant read well and spake gud either, so what do i know.

That be £50 more on bill ;-)

Who cares what they think. Do we ever hand them any money? No, but they phone us when they are in the manure business. It feels good taking money from them. Who is the fool now? These fools probably cant even wire a plug or give their Mrs a good seeing to with their inadequate manhood that resembles something like a finger, at best.

i had that once years ago , a custard phoned begging and pleading for me to come and do a job for her,i put myself out to go to her aid, and when i arrived she asked if i could move my van out of the drive, as her man was coming home soon, i just said ok got in the van and went home, some people can be so vile,they are not worth bothering with, i think she got the message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Saw the fella in the pub again tonight, the...
Replies
Views
Excellent thank you for taking the time to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back