A Plumber - The lowest job? | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss A Plumber - The lowest job? in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has good days and bad days but, on the whole, i like my job.
The satisfaction you get when you fix an old dears heating or stop a leak for a nice couple with kids that are thankful you are there and appreciate the job you have done is tops.
I'd rather be doing this than sat in an office any day :D

Give you a laugh . I was in a customers house on Friday. Just finished servicing the boiler. Was having a cuppa tea with husband andwife. Chimney sweep turns up to clean chimney. Was there and gone before I finished tea. Charged them €50 cash. I thought I'm in the wrong job!!!

I'm sure fire was harnessed by humans before electricity .

just being around too long that lowers value

( robots are replacing high paid assembly skills ) -- All Humans are at risk !

i had that once years ago , a custard phoned begging and pleading for me to come and do a job for her,i put myself out to go to her aid, and when i arrived she asked if i could move my van out of the drive, as her man was coming home soon, i just said ok got in the van and went home, some people can be so vile,they are not worth bothering with, i think she got the message

Over a year ago, I got a call from a lady who said I must be her husband's friend? She found my business card in his wallet. Could I please come and investigate a leak?
When I got there and enquired about her husband, she told me he died six months earlier. Well, I did know the chap. Leak turned out to be from shower upstairs. On closer inspection, they had tried to seal areas where tiles had come off with plastic sheets etc? Frightening. Quoted to replace. On the second day, it was cold, and raining like hell. When I arrived, her daughter had parked directly infront of house so I would have had to park a few houses further.
Leaving my engine running, I waited next to her car for a good ten minutes. After which I just drove off. Within about five minutes, they rang to find out where I was. I told them as I had no where to park, I've decided to go home. Well, if you had rang the door bell and asked her to move the car, she would have. We saw you out there, then next thing we know, you are gone? Are you coming now? NO, was my response.
Why should I parked round the corner walk back & forth in the cold/rain?

Village your a servant you do nothing to inconvenience your customers. Upstairs downstairs !

Over a year ago, I got a call from a lady who said I must be her husband's friend? She found my business card in his wallet. Could I please come and investigate a leak?
When I got there and enquired about her husband, she told me he died six months earlier. Well, I did know the chap. Leak turned out to be from shower upstairs. On closer inspection, they had tried to seal areas where tiles had come off with plastic sheets etc? Frightening. Quoted to replace. On the second day, it was cold, and raining like hell. When I arrived, her daughter had parked directly infront of house so I would have had to park a few houses further.
Leaving my engine running, I waited next to her car for a good ten minutes. After which I just drove off. Within about five minutes, they rang to find out where I was. I told them as I had no where to park, I've decided to go home. Well, if you had rang the door bell and asked her to move the car, she would have. We saw you out there, then next thing we know, you are gone? Are you coming now? NO, was my response.

Hi Village Idiot

Would you expect that from your suppliers? Say your merchant's van driver did exactly the same thing?

With an attitude like that I'm surprised you get any work
You just lived up to your name with that post to me

Hi Village Idiot

Would you expect that from your suppliers? Say your merchant's van driver did exactly the same thing?

If I am expecting a tradesman to attend and do work at my address, I'll go out of my way to ensure that the drive is reserved for their van. Infact, I'll even tell them in advance where to park. It may be just me, but I fail to see how a customer wanting a boiler or bath installed wants the convenience of parking out their door but the tradesman/woman should park two streets away?

Gray1668 OFCOURSE will prefer to park two streets away then go back and forth moving tools & materials. As for muggins here, NO WAY PEDRO. I fitted a boiler for a customer in Woodside. Everyday I turned up, bins had been placed besides door to ensure I had parking right outside. Now, that is what I call thinking in advance.
The first thing I ask a customer when they need my services, is: how is parking in your area? If I suspect I'm going to have issues parking, then regardless of how lucrative the job is, I will walk away. SIMPLES. It may not be right, but its my way of doing things.

Last edited:
they may put plumbers down but arn't they the ones that end up in the :nono:, if it wont for the sexy manual workers of this would.as for nancy who would want the high maintenance at home and at work.

In **** films its always the plumber who calls so sven should be careful what he says who knows what his missus gets up to when he's not there

In **** films its always the plumber who calls so sven should be careful what he says who knows what his missus gets up to when he's not there

I would, if she would! :smile:
She might find other jobs to do for future days though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Saw the fella in the pub again tonight, the...
Replies
Views
Excellent thank you for taking the time to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back