Adding a UFH zone to a Y Plan system | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Adding a UFH zone to a Y Plan system in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

R

Rhodp

Hi,
I'm looking to add a UFH zone to my current CH and DHW system that runs on a Y plan. I'm not a plumber or electrician and all the info I can find on the net seems to suggest going to an S plan to make the three systems independent. The electrician I'm using is suggesting just tieing the UFH zone valve to the boiler directly. I'm going to get his detailed plan tomorrow but thought I'd ask for advice first. Looking at the wiring diagrams I think he's going to suggest getting the zone valve Motor power controlled from the UFH stat, the Grey normally open from the UFH 230v input and then send the Orange common contact to the boiler. A call for heat from teh UFH stat would then open the zone valve and fire up the boiler and pump but shouldn't activate the 3 way valve on the existing system. Am I missing somehitng obvious? Firstly any comments on whether I need to go to S plan and secondly does my reading of the wiring make sense and would that work the three systems independently?
Cheers for any advice. Rhodp

your underfloor heating zone will need its own zone and mixer valve, so that the temperature running through the manifold will be set at 60 degreed. generally has its own pump as well.
check out hep2o webpage for schematics, and adapt them to your needs.

shaun

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I had an offer in on 3bay for the one I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Advice needed please: I have an UFH...
Replies
Views
DIYTony
D
  • Question
Its a very ingenious but devilishly cunning...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Im not sure tbh. What happened. I took front...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back