advise on best boiler pls | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss advise on best boiler pls in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had pressure problems with a vaillant. Just as i was losing the will to live they suddenly produced a conversion kit that moved the pressure sensor from the flow to the return.

Useless hateful wallhung whitegoods metrosexual crap!

Give me a cast iron sectional 450kw boiler any day of the week!

I fit Worcesters as my premium boiler, Ideal Logic+ for those on a tight budget.

If you decide to go down the Worcester route, I'd recommend the CDI classic. Bit bigger than the SI, but is much better quality and performs a lot better too.

Tbh vaillant have ironed out all the probs and the new ones are very very reliable (controls are crap though) and mostly brass components as opposed to worcester, will agree with tb on the hard sell they are becoming infamouse for..

I had pressure problems with a vaillant. Just as i was losing the will to live they suddenly produced a conversion kit that moved the pressure sensor from the flow to the return.

Useless hateful wallhung whitegoods metrosexual crap!

Give me a cast iron sectional 450kw boiler any day of the week!

The f75 kits.

we've bullied our pts to keep them in stock now.....

intergas for the last 2 years is all ive used, binned remeha avantas after they leaked a few times, wb binned when one failed after a day in use due to plastic pressre gauge pipe leaking everywhere, used to be copper!. ferrollis cheap end, baxis pottertons and mains still got diverter valves and phex to block and fail and vailants used to explode the car hosepipes to often changednow but too much hassle in the past. re guarentees, doesnt matter on length of guarentee but whether the manufacturers will cover it in the long term, small print always gives a way out.

I'd fit a logic + lovely boilers in my opinion. I would avoid remeha and glowworm but that's just me.

so many opinions

cheers all

so prob looking at worcester/valliant/intergas when it comes to it - plus a good look at installer's terms/conditions/warranties etc

at least i also have an idea of the cheap crappy end of the range.

so many opinions

cheers all

so prob looking at worcester/valliant/intergas when it comes to it - plus a good look at installer's terms/conditions/warranties etc

at least i also have an idea of the cheap crappy end of the range.

I would also say Viessmann are up there but can be expensive to buy. How big a system are you looking at installing? Are you after just a sealed combi system or do you want to have a cylinder? How many radiators?

I would go for Worcester, good boiler and the best back up service of any manufacturer.

so there we are, a whole bunch of us are likely to be getting Worcester next time.

I would also say Viessmann are up there but can be expensive to buy. How big a system are you looking at installing? Are you after just a sealed combi system or do you want to have a cylinder? How many radiators?

The 100's have serious issues with the heat exchanger diesgn now. The 200's and 300's are class bits of kit.

Intergas all the way, far, far superior to all the other tat, ie, wb vaillant viessmann baxi et cetera :)

You will not go wrong with:

Vailiant
Intergas
ATAG
Viessmann

But like has been said, the install is everything.

Unless worcester buck their idea up regarding material selection and boiler layout I won't be fitting one again either.

Unless worcester buck their idea up regarding material selection and boiler layout I won't be fitting one again either.

Hi roger I install Worcester and am happy with them as a company I assume your quote regarding material selection is the use of plastic .i am interested in what you mean regarding boiler lay out cheers Lee

Hi roger I install Worcester and am happy with them as a company I assume your quote regarding material selection is the use of plastic .i am interested in what you mean regarding boiler lay out cheers Lee

eeeee install a couple of intergas and then go back to w.b

its like having that nice chilled out girlfriend whos happy with whatever

and then going back to that needy neurotic ex that screams for attention and doesn't want you to do anything easily!

Yo're right about the plastic, never happy with it long term, I know it is cheaper to make, and moulding into complex shapes is easier. But give me brass any day for a boiler, doesn't go brittle over time, and more intrinsic strength.

Regarding the layout, have you tried servicing the worcesters, or replacing any parts, right pain, and unnecessarily so.

Im WB accredited, and as far as Im concerned they are fine, providing the installation is correct, since the condensing boilers were more commonly used since 2005 our fist breakdown was a non ,amufacture fault and it was 6 years old, there was a glitch for a short while with the plastic manifolds, that was cured, other than that one, breakdowns for us are exceeding 6 years, and I dont think that is bad at all, and if it does break down, ring early and WB will be out same day, if not next day, same with parts... WB boilers are like having an old transit with a perkins engine.... you cant beat it for reliability and availability.

Is the CDI better/worse than the SI range?

CDi's are better in that you can get to clean the main HEX and electrodes more easily (or at all if RH flueing is used!) not seen a cdi compact so can't comment on them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
It's not easy, house is also a HMO so makes...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Back