advise on best boiler pls | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss advise on best boiler pls in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im WB accredited, and as far as Im concerned they are fine, providing the installation is correct, since the condensing boilers were more commonly used since 2005 our fist breakdown was a non ,amufacture fault and it was 6 years old, there was a glitch for a short while with the plastic manifolds, that was cured, other than that one, breakdowns for us are exceeding 6 years, and I dont think that is bad at all, and if it does break down, ring early and WB will be out same day, if not next day, same with parts... WB boilers are like having an old transit with a perkins engine.... you cant beat it for reliability and availability.

Yet I have changed several PCB's on the original Greenstar HE's, Jnr's and CDi, loads of gas valves on the Si and Jnr's quite a few diverter valves.

Yet I have changed several PCB's on the original Greenstar HE's, Jnr's and CDi, loads of gas valves on the Si and Jnr's quite a few diverter valves.
I have changed many parts for installations that were not mine, but my installs have been awesome in terms of longevity, maybe Im lucky, but then, I dont fit the i or juniors, i dont rate them except for their intended use...as an economy boiler., the original Greenstar HE plus was exceptional, with exception to the first flues (2003), the main problem with those was engineers not reading/understanding the control panel, the call backs due to engineer mistakes was the main reason for pulling the production on the HE plus.

And I will concede the Prettl gas valve on the early si boiler were an issue, but again, I didnt replace one of mine in less than 6 years.

All this talk of Worcester's is making me want to give them another chance lol.

Although there are so any accredited installers, I'd never get the job as I couldn't offer the longer warranty.

Although there are so any accredited installers, I'd never get the job as I couldn't offer the longer warranty.
You can if you get a WB installer to register for the guarantee, and then WB wont write to your customer either, and if you fit the WB filter, you get 8 years warranty on boiler, flue, controls AND filter, its pretty good! :)

Lol if your serious leave with me.....

in 5 years all I have offered is WB.....been asked for Vaillant only twice in this time, they both have CDi's lol, if they are on a budget they get a junior or someone else lol, because I ain't knocking my bits out for nothing or no one!

Lol, we'll see. Would have to be CDi though, juniors are horrible. What's the deal with that filter anyway? Looks like a UFO.

worcester cdi classic with extended warranty.

want to fit an intergas, somebody ask me to!!

Im lovin the worcester chat, greenstar cdi gas valves have changed loads because of them passing and to fit the new smaller ones with conversion kit...well i have to pay my old friend E.T to get his hands in.:smiley2:

Yo're right about the plastic, never happy with it long term, I know it is cheaper to make, and moulding into complex shapes is easier. But give me brass any day for a boiler, doesn't go brittle over time, and more intrinsic strength.

Regarding the layout, have you tried servicing the worcesters, or replacing any parts, right pain, and unnecessarily so.

I agree it would be nice to not have every thing plastic but that's the changing world.i do serviced and find that ok but may be down to doing a few i have changed parts on the current ranges but not had the pleasure changing PRV or plate to plate they look a pain.i do prefer to install the cdi if there is room.

Viessmann - great boilers, only had one problem in maybe 20 that I fitted. Excluding the little issue with RF controls

Worcester Si and CDi - never had any problems but haven't fitted loads, I think alot of their quality come from there clever marketing, Iv heard of gas valve and fan faults from factory. Pretty uncommon though. Still quality boilers

Intergas - only fitted one. Put off by the separate expansion vessel, have to order the one that goes on the back separately. Also the controls look awful.

Ideal logic +. Mostly what I fit now, never had an issue too date, really well made boiler in my opinion. Yet to try an Ideal Vogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
It's not easy, house is also a HMO so makes...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Back