allowed drop when doing a tightness test... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter rickstar88
  • Start date
  • Replies 81
  • Views 83K

Discuss allowed drop when doing a tightness test... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
but i think the initial point of the post was(had to read it again) is that the engineer said it was ok to have a 4mb drop on the old pipework even with the appliances isolated..thats definetely a no no then isnt it :p

im not reading the whole post again, but i will answer your Q here, you are right it is a def no-no to leave ANY leak on a pipe only, (thats why a lot of people test existing carcass and existing appliances with the appliances connected, so that if there is a small leak it can be left operating)

thats it concluded then 4 mb drop on gas carcas with appliances isolated is definite no no and you must do a tt on a lgsc (the people who say you dont are wrong) and also buck fast is scotlands finest brew even if kirky doesnt think so hehe.
you should try it kirk gas its brilliant before the celtic game haha

im not reading the whole post again, but i will answer your Q here, you are right it is a def no-no to leave ANY leak on a pipe only, (thats why a lot of people test existing carcass and existing appliances with the appliances connected, so that if there is a small leak it can be left operating)

no i mean i just read the original post and that's what the arguement was about, he said you can't have a 4mb drop on old or existing pipework and the other engineer said that you can as long as its a g4 meter, even with appliances isolated :p

I'm glad i missed that celtic game anyhow ! doing a good job of throwing it away this year...

I'm glad i missed that celtic game anyhow ! doing a good job of throwing it away this year...[/QUOTE]

yes i know :( maybe thats why we need the buckfast

thats it concluded then 4 mb drop on gas carcas with appliances isolated is definite no no and you must do a tt on a lgsc (the people who say you dont are wrong) and also buck fast is scotlands finest brew even if kirky doesnt think so hehe.
you should try it kirk gas its brilliant before the celtic game haha

here i might stay in coatbridge but the monks dont make enough wine in a year that would make me go to a celtic game unless it was against the current league leaders, (although i would risk going to see them
at parkhead the now as they cannae buy a win there), roll on the old firm game
haha

here i might stay in coatbridge but the monks dont make enough wine in a year that would make me go to a celtic game unless it was against the current league leaders, (although i would risk going to see them
at parkhead the now as they cannae buy a win there), roll on the old firm game
haha

think you the first rangers fan i ever heard who lives in coatbridge ha... roll on the old firm even though am slightly dreading it we better get our finger out or else we will be even more behind you :( mon the hoops :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
I would say no
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I figured I should let you guys know in case...
Replies
Views
Back