Am I a bad customer / job magnet | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter P J F PLUMBING
  • Start date
  • Replies 164
  • Views 3K

Discuss Am I a bad customer / job magnet in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm heads gone my mrs has gone mad because I didn't take a deposit she recons they won't believe me about leaving the boiler off She saying you made a mistake now you lost the money !! This customer was in contact with this family gas engineer all though the job now he's in the mix I'm at the end of my rope just so down

If family engineer is GS why didn't he do job?

Did you commission it ? No!
Did you benchmark it? No!
Did you leave an uncomissioned appliance connected to a gas supply? No

Are you in wrong ? NO!
Did you make a mistake? Yes
Are you going to correct it? Yes
Will a small claims court find in your favour? Probably yes.

We are all chipping in for your air fair to Belfast, so u can deliver a ferolli cascade And laugh at one of the sites admin - just to cheer you up.

Put in writing (recorded mail) that you want the opportunity to rectify any problems & finish & commission the install.
If they won't let you then get that claim in ! - I can't see it going well for them in front of a magistrate.
They must give you the chance to put things right.

A few points.

1. You turned it all off.
2. They say they smell fumes upstairs.
3. POC (fumes don't smell)
4. In order for someone to supposedly smell fumes the boiler would need to function, soo with no POC re entering someone has turned on and left an AR appliance or if POC are re entering someone has commissioned and left a ID situation.

my concerns would lay there for the minute rather then chasing money you'll never see.
put a report together for your records start to finish what happened what was said etc that way you have a reminder should this drag out a few months

Tbh I get the impression the custard was going to try and avoid payment anyway.

Chin up mate we all get knocked. Earlier this year a mate got kicked off a job in a big house, two married GPs owned the place. Halfway through they got another tradesman in to look at his work so far in the evening. He said "I would have done this, I would have done that" etc. Next morning at 8am they were waiting at the front door and told my mate to pack his stuff and leave. They paid a 'contribution' towards materials.

He's still shook up about it now. Hate customers like this

I hate the nobs they get round. Had a joiner telling me we had fitted 60kw. Logics on a headder wrong! Cos boilers were joined together on one pipe

same as any company , you put your losses against your gains. if you get knocked for 15k you can claim it against your tax
if your claiming for lost labour then youll be paying tax on that and if you put it on your balance sheet, then you'll claim it as a loss so a bit pointless for a simple tax return, best to just show the cost of parts as an expense and forget the labout side, simpler as most small enterprises dont run a balance sheet.

if your claiming for lost labour then youll be paying tax on that and if you put it on your balance sheet, then you'll claim it as a loss so a bit pointless for a simple tax return, best to just show the cost of parts as an expense and forget the labout side, simpler as most small enterprises dont run a balance sheet.
fair enough I thought that's how it worked touch wood I'll never have to experience it

happens to us all, just had a cheque bounce down the road to be told to squat, not worth the hassle chasing a couple of hundred so note to self to lob her cats some cyanide and laxative next time I pass and look for the next job :)

I hate the nobs they get round. Had a joiner telling me we had fitted 60kw. Logics on a headder wrong! Cos boilers were joined together on one pipe

Its a proven fact that joiners and marble floor layers know everything about how boilers work!

in theroy you have not even done a complete gas installation, so gas safe should have no real comments apart from let you finish it tbh.

it would be nice to think an industry body would protect its competent members when a customer is a feking idiot.

some people just need there legs snapping tbh.

in theroy you have not even done a complete gas installation, so gas safe should have no real comments apart from let you finish it tbh.

it would be nice to think an industry body would protect its competent members when a customer is a feking idiot.

some people just need there legs snapping tbh.

Would be nice to think that but this is gas safe . Shall we pass a pot round or start a just giving page, GS probably get him sent down for 35 years!

hopefully his local inspector isn't a regulation fueled pen pusher with no real tool experience.Or common sense..

Last edited by a moderator:
I put the flue 690 from opening window but relized before I commissioned turned on ect but customer went mad when I explained I had to call my roofer and get more flue. There was no extra cost but she went mad

Would be nice to think that but this is gas safe . Shall we pass a pot round or start a just giving page, GS probably get him sent down for 35 years!
that will not happen,they will invite pete to put it right

People like that want you to
A: do the job without any dust
B:do the job without any noise
C:do the job without any hiccups
D:do the job as if you weren't even there and didn't interfere with
their important lives
E:end up doing the job for free

Sorry to hear your having a bad time. Happens to all of us bar none. It can get you down but chin up. Try to remain composed when dealing with the custards and worse case scenario write the job off as experiance (but do try and get the money back for the materials minimum).

happens to us all, just had a cheque bounce down the road to be told to squat, not worth the hassle chasing a couple of hundred so note to self to lob her cats some cyanide and laxative next time I pass and look for the next job :)

I'd be chasing it. Not for the fact of the money (if you can afford to right it off) but purely for the principle of it. I always pay what I owe I should be payed what I'm owed!

Maybe I'm just a vindictive old git. Lol

I put the flue 690 from opening window but relized before I commissioned turned on ect but customer went mad when I explained I had to call my roofer and get more flue. There was no extra cost but she went mad

Says it all really, they wre just waiting for an excuse. Get at it for your money.

I'd be chasing it. Not for the fact of the money (if you can afford to right it off) but purely for the principle of it. I always pay what I owe I should be payed what I'm owed!

Maybe I'm just a vindictive old git. Lol

Spot on Millsy. Chase them till it hurts. Dont want a rep for being a soft touch. You want people saying that they couldnt believe you chased them for the last penny.

So I got a letter from gas safe saying they are inspecting the job within the next 2 weeks. The ( customer ) has said I can't be there

So I got a letter from gas safe saying they are inspecting the job within the next 2 weeks. The ( customer ) has said I can't be there

Oh dear. Sounds like they are playing you. Small claims court here we come.

Register the boiler to your address. As then they won't have warranty - also report it stolen?

Oh dear. Sounds like they are playing you. Small claims court here we come.

Register the boiler to your address. As then they won't have warranty - also report it stolen?

They have said they don't want my boiler once it's inspected they are getting my boiler removed and replacing it with a different one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
S
hi! I'll try to upload a picture but the pipe...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
P
Have you paid everything he asked for and did...
Replies
Views
Back