Anyone supply an idiots guide to DIY powerflushing | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone supply an idiots guide to DIY powerflushing in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

H

horseunderwater

Having been refused BG cover on CH system due to excessive iron oxide sludge, we were told £680 to get a powerflush by BG which we got told was a lifetime guaranteed one.
Hubby who is not a plumber, but has done various re plumbing on our system over the years and according to the gas engineer that we had out, had done an excellent job, has found that you can hire one of these flushers and operate this yourself.
So our big question is - does anyone on here have an idiots guide to operating one of these things if we go and hire one for a weekend? Or would it be better to try a chemical flush first? Money is very tight at the moment, so we need cheapest reliable method. Ideally I wish I could afford to have a magnaclean thing fitted.
Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

Having been refused BG cover on CH system due to excessive iron oxide sludge, we were told £680 to get a powerflush by BG which we got told was a lifetime guaranteed one.
Hubby who is not a plumber, but has done various re plumbing on our system over the years and according to the gas engineer that we had out, had done an excellent job, has found that you can hire one of these flushers and operate this yourself.
So our big question is - does anyone on here have an idiots guide to operating one of these things if we go and hire one for a weekend? Or would it be better to try a chemical flush first? Money is very tight at the moment, so we need cheapest reliable method. Ideally I wish I could afford to have a magnaclean thing fitted.
Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

Dont want to sound like a pain but I cant stand it when I get mr diy asking how do i do this and how do i do that!! coming on here asking for advice so they can have a go at the weekend lol
I am sorry but its taken me a long time to get where I am now and find it insulting when people play the skill level of our job down!! by thinking its so easy any old diyer can do it just as good or question how much we charge for our services

My advice is dont be so tight pay a heating engineer £400 ish to come and do a flush because

1 If you get a good engineer it will be done properly and he knows what he is doing
2 Its going to cost about £70 to hire a machine and chemicals anyway
3 If he makes a mess he will have insurance
4 he will be able to deal with a problem such as a rad bursting etc

Thats my advice.. but thats all it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Re: Sludge flush failure DIY resolution (or...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Hi hihowudoin, Thanks for your reply. I am in...
Replies
Views
D
Back