Are you busy !? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter tomskinner
  • Start date
  • Replies 127
  • Views 16K

Discuss Are you busy !? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am back working with the council, Been put back on kitchen and bathrooms which is great cause its all price work, only down side is that i now need to go on 24hour call out, tho is good in money terms 40 jobs just the other week £20 a call £10 a shut and £100 for the week your on just going on it no matter how many calls you get,

Still got my other own business, just doing small jobs at night and big jobs at the weekend, i am busy with my own stuff even looked at getting a other plumber to give me a hand, but the work just now peeks high then peeks low.

My problem now is i get phone calls asking for boiler breakdowns etc and i just cant attend them, and finding a plumber round here that you can trust can be a nightmare,

My jetter that i use is allways busy he travels allround scotland jetting for normal day to day customer right up to big companys, tho i dont fancy getting covered in **** every day

Steven

o and i have bought a house so my business will be going on hold slightly

i am back working with the council, Been put back on kitchen and bathrooms which is great cause its all price work, only down side is that i now need to go on 24hour call out, tho is good in money terms 40 jobs just the other week £20 a call £10 a shut and £100 for the week your on just going on it no matter how many calls you get,

Still got my other own business, just doing small jobs at night and big jobs at the weekend, i am busy with my own stuff even looked at getting a other plumber to give me a hand, but the work just now peeks high then peeks low.

My problem now is i get phone calls asking for boiler breakdowns etc and i just cant attend them, and finding a plumber round here that you can trust can be a nightmare,

My jetter that i use is allways busy he travels allround scotland jetting for normal day to day customer right up to big companys, tho i dont fancy getting covered in **** every day

Steven

I wish I had the stomach for drainage. I couldnt do it for any money. I think I'd even pay someone else if mine were blocked!

Smt why not let us know where you are based and one of us might be able to help out

The week starts well for me. Had a call yesterday to go and price up a job this morning. If I get it, thats possibly 2 days work.

Good for you Bobleponge. I had nothing for 2 weeks now. At least doing some training at Baxi this week for 3 days so keeps my mind occupied and not depressed of not being working. :/ damn recession, when this will end?

I just seem to be incredibly patchy at the moment I'll have a quiet week then the phone won't stop ringing for another. Give it another month or so and the autumn rush will begin, then we'll be wishing we could get a few hours of peace to catch up!

Good for you Bobleponge. I had nothing for 2 weeks now. At least doing some training at Baxi this week for 3 days so keeps my mind occupied and not depressed of not being working. :/ damn recession, when this will end?

I take it, that's the Baxi Combi appreciation/electrical fault finding course?

Its really good. I did it last year.

Baxi ones are £75 each, but you get 10% off when booked online. They do other ones too, like unvented, cpa1, solar.

i paid £202.50 together for 3 days, wanted boiler diagnostics too but was booked out

i should have been a copper, just plodding and too many 't' breaks.

seem to be spending more than £ coming in?.

Same down here in Plymouth area REDSHAW just seam to be paying out everthing i earn nothing left at end of week, will be liveing on road kill soon , lol

No work at mo hence thats why Im on here at this time of the morning... I subby and I'm waiting for a new contract starts beginning of July (hopefully) ended unexpectedly. Even looking at doing warehouse work to keep me ticking over for £6.08 per hour for 7.5 hr days no need to break out the calculator for my nett earnings on that!!!.

I graft (like we all do) really hard for the money I saved when busy and hate the fact that its going to drbble away on the quiet times but thats subby work. Swapped over an electric shower and fixed a roof last week for £110.00 whisch I thought was fair but got a lecture from the wife of the customer who wanted a "special price" and gave me the promise of more work..... (how many times have custards tried to get me on that hook) thats why I like contracting.

Off topic, but relevant to course question above..... How much is Part P course and how long does it take. I know Bod did it recently, so if you're around let me know Lee mate.

I looked into this earlier in the year and one day I might do something about it.

I think, like all things, that the cheaper the course the less you'll learn. I think the one I enquired about was 6 days (4 days defined and another two to obtain full scope) and was £1,200+vat.

Not enough to make you into a full blown electrician but certainly enough for domestic and to change consumer unit on single phase.

Then there's the cost of registration to yet another wallet scrounging body.

I've got one of those but only used it once or twice and have now forgotten how it works!

and of course they need calibrating every year at x£££s just like gas analysers

Do you need a portfolio of evidence or any sort of experience to do the part p?

My left hand is busy yeah... seeing more action than my right hand holding my pliers. :willy_nilly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I am looking for an experienced...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Mcalpine sk1 or sk2 is what you need
Replies
Views
Id say recal at that price....as soon as it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Sergiu I would use it, but it's hard to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Plumbing Advice, by Country Professional...
Replies
Views
Back