B&Q Looking For GSR's To Do Boiler Swaps | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss B&Q Looking For GSR's To Do Boiler Swaps in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Keefy being locked away and sworn to secrecy?

Sorry, long day and other distractions, didn't end up going back this morning. However I have to go there tomorrow morning.

Sheez Ricky! The glass is half full!
I can't see any good long term gains that can come of this! Also I'm bitter because I lost a job to BG, despite them probably being a couple thousand more, because the customer could pay monthly! I can see B&Q doing the same.

Haha i had same yesterday lost a job to BG straight boiler swap just shy of £4000

went their to price a small plumb job and they bought up that they are getting a boiler upgrade this week

told them they are paying at least 2000 over the odds and they said but bg are the best

wtf

Haha i had same yesterday lost a job to BG straight boiler swap just shy of £4000

went their to price a small plumb job and they bought up that they are getting a boiler upgrade this week

told them they are paying at least 2000 over the odds and they said but bg are the best

wtf
Yes if you want a Worcester boiler as that all they offer !! Got a call from an agency to day looking for installers in the Plymouth area, Turns out to be BG desperate for installers, usual thing need to do an induction , buy a sock-it-and-see kit paying £21 per Hr, Told agency not at all interested in working for BG, have done work for them in the past ! Never again, agency guy says he cant find any one to take up the offer !!

i have never worked for them joe never been offered either , seems to be hell of alot of work around devon cornwall tho been bombarded with agency phone calls rates aint bad either for a change

i have never worked for them joe never been offered either , seems to be hell of alot of work around devon cornwall tho been bombarded with agency phone calls rates aint bad either for a change
With BG they give you X number of Hrs for each job ! say they give you 10 hrs at £21 to change a boiler and you do it in 8 great still get paid for 10, but if it takes you any more you still only get 10, and most of the jobs they sub out exceed the Hrs that they give.

I can't see any good long term gains that can come of this! Also I'm bitter because I lost a job to BG, despite them probably being a couple thousand more, because the customer could pay monthly! I can see B&Q doing the same.

You aren't going to get every job, as long as you get enough jd.

been to b-n-poo today for a scout round.........it was deserted.lool

btw, 15mm pipe was £75 pack?

would be interesting if in the price they pay you have to supply the materials or even worse buy them from b and q??

its tax payers money going into b and q's pockets, they have a big platform to get this type of work.

tesco are already doing plumbing and heating have been for while as have bumped into some gas engineers in the merchants

Tesco have their fingers in every pies! They did the TescoCars for a while but that has stopped now.

i dont think they take the heating side to seriously at the mo but they may in the future

£700 and your own materials and at your liability.

They can go and take a flying f@ck at a rolling donut

The hardest thing would be not telling the custards there boilers are skip fodder.

What's an average cost of material for a boiler swap over? If its tight to the work top you need 2 elbows for each pipe and a cutting of copper, plus a gas upgrade where required, so the material damage from £700 wouldn't be too disastrous, even I can swap a boiler in a day, and most of you would do it in 4-6hrs, ok it might not be the type of work you don't want to do, but who is giving you the work you want these days, I can see a lot of guys giving it a go, it's critical the survey is done by someone who cares about the installer and not just as a sales opportunity( that's where the problem comes from) will be interesting to see if we get any feedback from anyone who does it

i agree the survey is very important. A straight swap to an engineer is not a straight swap to many main contractors and theresurveyors , and its likely to be SE to HE.

on the old ega/warm front work did you not have to powerflush as standard on boiler changes?? maybe the same on this?

i agree the survey is very important. A straight swap to an engineer is not a straight swap to many main contractors and theresurveyors , and its likely to be SE to HE.

on the old ega/warm front work did you not have to powerflush as standard on boiler changes?? maybe the same on this?

We did the original EAGA contract and didn't do power flush, but now sure what is required now

What's an average cost of material for a boiler swap over? If its tight to the work top you need 2 elbows for each pipe and a cutting of copper, plus a gas upgrade where required, so the material damage from £700 wouldn't be too disastrous, even I can swap a boiler in a day, and most of you would do it in 4-6hrs, ok it might not be the type of work you don't want to do, but who is giving you the work you want these days, I can see a lot of guys giving it a go, it's critical the survey is done by someone who cares about the installer and not just as a sales opportunity( that's where the problem comes from) will be interesting to see if we get any feedback from anyone who does it

in all fairness i would do it and wouldnt care about the survey either its installing a boiler can be hard work but its not civil engineering .
i ahave pretty gone in blind on most boiler installls turned up and just got on with job in hand

£700 is decent money for subbing but that will include the full package ie electrics bonding etc. Probably around 50 quid of plumbing materials, you arrange the spark or do it yourself if you are part P (they will want a cert signed off).
Around £400+ profit for a days work plus the obligatory call backs from numpties.

As long as there's a fused spur you can wire if yourself. It's classed as maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Just an update. Npower informed me today that...
Replies
Views
Associate
A
D
Ok maybe that's not 100% accurate but at 50...
Replies
Views
Back