B&Q Looking For GSR's To Do Boiler Swaps | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss B&Q Looking For GSR's To Do Boiler Swaps in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as there's a fused spur you can wire if yourself. It's classed as maintenance.

Not what I was told, you need to test the circuit that you wire any new appliance too, that is apparently the reason boilers come with a prewired tail without a plug.

Not what I was told, you need to test the circuit that you wire any new appliance too, that is apparently the reason boilers come with a prewired tail without a plug.

Imwent on the course anew years a back. Replacing damaged cables and fittings is classed as maintenance.

Just git tuis txt from tradepoint seems like its true.

FREE boiler+£700 for eligible customers with iQE Feel the Benefit Scheme. For more info call 0800 096 0694 or visit Feel the Benefit | iQE Clever Energy No SMS? Rply STOP to 60018

I think iqe boilers are re badged sime :-(

i just recieved the same text, i was thinking of giving them a call but i bet they are pay monthly supply own pipe n fittings etc, I'm startin with a company next week getting £250 per boiler and dont need to supply pie n fittings and survey my own jobs, last company laid us off becaused funders owe them like nearlly £1 million!!! think they hadn't secured funding before they went a bit gung ho :p

Im installing vokera visions with magnacleans, there are plenty of companies out there on this eco deal bandwagon only took me 5 days to find another contract, its good money for easy work combi swaps and most dont even need gas upgrades.

To join the scheme, you need to be:
  • Gas Safe Registered
  • VAT Registered
  • PAS 2030 Certified
iQE Feel the Benefit provides PAS 2030 full training and assessment as part of the scheme at a very competitive price.

so thats knocking £140 off for vat making it a £560.00 plus all the crap of having to do pas 2030 plus any materials needed. it becomes more and more rubbish, also on the the website £700 is starred and at the bottom it says funding can change at anytime what a con.

load of carp then lol

really narked off with this pas 2030 find it insulting that as a gsr engineer i am unqualified to slam in ****e lol

load of carp then lol

really narked off with this pas 2030 find it insulting that as a gsr engineer i am unqualified to slam in ****e lol
This is the sort of thing I was referring to in another post ! the days of the sole trader are numbered, being priced out by these sort of schemes, The sole trader is constantly paying out for the privilege of trying to earn a living, Look out guys, Your days are numbered !! get ready to give up your independence.

I'm neither vat registered nor pas 2030 so chance there for me neither

i would say nay, you can find work on the same contract for weekly pay, £250 per boiler u might need to supply screws, flux n solder. And dont need to be pas2030 as the company who gets the work is

Just left b&q and there's posters every where free boiler this free install that. Then I got collared do u fit boilers ??? Went into the office had a chat sounds quite good IMO got a meeting on tues am

Just left b&q and there's posters every where free boiler this free install that. Then I got collared do u fit boilers ??? Went into the office had a chat sounds quite good IMO got a meeting on tues am
You will have to give us all the low-down next week , but from other posts it doesn't sound that good

They supply the boiler flue clock that's it. You have to supply pipe fittings room stat ( if needed ) ie if they already have one then you don't need to replace if none there you have to supply and fit what make model ect up to u rf of wired you have to ( flush system ) and its a strait combo swap as for pipe and fittings you have to take the ruff with the smooth ie new gas run when other times no gas run so could make some money but time will tell got a meeting tues so will update

Also if no trvs then you have to fit them but only in bedrooms so at the most 5

the good thing is in a short while, we will be required to put right all the poor quality installs as the people popping them in will have to work their nute off to be viable and it will turn into another warm front cock up

I had a phonecall from glow worm yesterday asking why i have not installed many boilers recently ,

my reply 'not fitted any since you lot sold out to eco and green deal'

a 10 second pause followed then she said 'oh o.k thanks ,bye!'

good bit of support from glow worm i see

They supply the boiler flue clock that's it. You have to supply pipe fittings room stat ( if needed ) ie if they already have one then you don't need to replace if none there you have to supply and fit what make model ect up to u rf of wired you have to ( flush system ) and its a strait combo swap as for pipe and fittings you have to take the ruff with the smooth ie new gas run when other times no gas run so could make some money but time will tell got a meeting tues so will update
So what boilers are they supplying ? What about warranty ? (If you get any with B&Q) or do you take boiler back if it go's wrong, So installer has to provide ; Pipe / Fittings / Room Stat / TRV's / all other consumables / van, tools , insurance, register boiler etc. etc. the list go's on, Be like others in this area installing boilers for £100.

They said 5 yr warranty but in brackets it says subject to yearly service including cert That's at customers cost yearly

They said 5 yr warranty but in brackets it says subject to yearly service including cert That's at customers cost yearly

That'll be the same terms as every other boiler manufacturer. They all stipulate that a yearly service has to be carried out now.

I've had ferrolli void two boiler this week no service no warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Just an update. Npower informed me today that...
Replies
Views
Associate
A
D
Ok maybe that's not 100% accurate but at 50...
Replies
Views
Back