Baffled by this system? Can't see a pump... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Baffled by this system? Can't see a pump... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
The water in the hot water cylinder (It's a cylinder not a tank) has nothing to do with the Y plan. The Y plan is the set of controls that enable the boiler to heat up the water in the cylinder (yes cylinder not tank). This y plan requires a pump to work. This is known as the primary side.

Delivery of hot water does not require a pump but this is not what you asked. You asked if a y plan needed a pump, and it does.

P.S. it's not a tank in the loft it's a cold water storage cistern and it doesn't push the water out of the top of the cylinder. It's the head of water in the cistern that generates a force that pushes the water out of the top of the cylinder.

P.P.S my A level in physics trumps your GCSE.

I'm waiting for you lot to ridicule me again?? I thought you were experts you're supposed to be telling me how wrong I am because I don't know anything about plumbing....

You OGBUzzard are an absolute moron!
I reckon I could explain this to my 12 year old nephew and he would have a better grasp on than you do.
As much use as Anne Franks drum kit!!

Post 76 explains it in laymans terms, if you need us to repeat it we can do it slower for you

So how does the pump push hot water to the taps if its not connected to the hot water pipes??? Have you thought about what you're saying or do you not have a bull**** filter in your brain.
keep swearing and i will remove you,your system only needs a pump for heating the hots either under gravity pressure or mains depending on the system type

So what plan would you call it if its not a y plan? It has a v4703a valve. A cylinder stat. A system boiler. A hot water cylinder with supply cistern. A Honeywell programmer and a room stat.

So what plan would you call it if its not a y plan? It has a v4703a valve. A cylinder stat. A system boiler. A hot water cylinder with supply cistern. A Honeywell programmer and a room stat.

A fully PUMPED y plan system

No one said it is anything but a Y plan. You seem to be confusing booster pumps for hot water with the central heating pump incorporated in the system boiler.

Its either of these. Please feel free to ridicule me again if I'm wrong.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372882617122.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372882617122.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 68

We'll call it whatever you want it to be called princess

This guy has to be on a windup, no one can be as stupid as to miss the answers to the questions he has asked this many times. I would be surprised if he makes it through every day life without wearing a helmet.

This guy has to be on a windup, no one can be as stupid as to miss the answers to the questions he has asked this many times. I would be surprised if he makes it through every day life without wearing a helmet.

Helmets don't wear helmets

I've been told a y plan needs a pump. I know the boiler has a pump i opened it up and looked at it. All I was asking in my original question is can a system like this work without a pump. In answer to that i got no a y plan must have a pump. And that its not a y plan. Now everyone's saying oh yeah it is a y plan oh yeah this oh yeah that. So now it is a y plan. What bloody system doesn't have a pump on the central heating??? Does anyone here think before they comment. As per usual the original point has been lost and its descended into a slanging match... Congratulations. Anyway its all working now and I have taught myself how a y plan system works and rewired it myself. In a day. Not 3 years at chav college. Cheers

So how does the pump push hot water to the taps if its not connected to the hot water pipes??? Have you thought about what you're saying or do you not have a bull**** filter in your brain.

You are having a laugh aren't you. As safe gas instal and countless others have told you the hot water isn't/ doesn't require a pump in this case because its gravity fed from the cistern to the tank, from the tank to the multiple draw off points (sorry didn't mean to confuse you, taps or shower valve). Please tell us all this a wind up.

You OGBUzzard are an absolute moron!
I reckon I could explain this to my 12 year old nephew and he would have a better grasp on than you do.
As much use as Anne Franks drum kit!!

That's a good quote, will remember that one!

Nobody on this thread suggested that the pump *does* push water to the taps. You were asking about wiring the pump to the wiring centre. That would be the circulator, which is inside the boiler as so many people have said so often. You are on a wind-up. I call troll!

The op has been reported for insulting the trade, which he has on a number of occasions.

But like Gas man I've not laughed so much in ages so I think I'll just monitor this one for a wee while and have a chat with GM over what to do with chummy....

APPlumbing I must remember to smack your thighs later for your throwing of your dummy lol

the op has certainly not endeared himself to the forum and i will be joining the discussion with Gas Man and croppie later

I insulted the trade because I was being insulted myself. I never posted in the hope of getting in a row.

I insulted the trade because I was being insulted myself. I never posted in the hope of getting in a row.

Yes you did, several times. You've wired it. It's working. So what more do you want from here if it isn't an argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
Back