Bahco Adjustables poor quality! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter leakeee
  • Start date
  • Replies 106
  • Views 25K

Discuss Bahco Adjustables poor quality! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, if they do not say made in Sweden on them, then they are not real Bachos, not of the same original quality anyway.

IMG_00000004.jpg

I lost one of them 8" ones above, i found them about a month later by the side of my garage after being in the wet damp mud all that time, with no rust at all, i know people who have the new black type and some with the rubber handles, that rust in their toolbox. You also hear of people trying to buff the tools up, when imo you shouldn't, oil them and leave them form a natural form of anodize (sp)

Same with your grips, leave them be, if you shine them up they will rust and your hands will slip off them.
IMG_00000005.jpg

I can't believe i also went so long without a dedicated 10mm pipe slice :icon10:

In my opinion, if they do not say made in Sweden on them, then they are not real Bachos, not of the same original quality anyway.

So what adjustables would you be looking at if you were needing a new pair? or would you get an old/used made in Sweden set?

toolstation sell a carbon copy of the wide jawed bahco spanners made by todays tools i have bought them and must say they're pretty good quality for what they cost£17 and almost on par with the old bahco, never liked bahco grips though always rothenberger for me.

Rothys for me but I'm going to try Knipex cobras when I renew

So what adjustables would you be looking at if you were needing a new pair? or would you get an old/used made in Sweden set?

I always go for the 06 series, which i have found out from that link above (great link LegionellaSlave:grin:) were produced between [FONT=&amp]1969 to 1983, these are the ones collectors go mad over. I have lost (probably got stolen) my 10 inch ones, which i replaced with the 8072 type (5th gen), you can just make out on the picture slight tarnish in comparison to the others.

Send this guy a message, [/FONT]
eBay My World - jafo_dd he will source you what you need for half the price for the rubbish what is on sale now

Iv been hunting around for ages for a 10" adjustable that does 28mm nuts and not one of those stupid slim
jaws that slip off on everynut!

i used to have one but it was stolen, apparently bahco dont make them anymore!

I bought one of the 9072p spanners which is so poor the jaw moves around, slides off and it only goes up to 30mm.

So iv given up on bahco and am now looking for a better make. What would you say are the best spanners around?

Cheers

I'm positive I've seen Bahco 10" in my local merchant's just recently. Do you want me to have a look and post you one if they've got it? I love mine, if they've stopped making them I'm going to get another just in case!

I recently bought an Irega adjustable when I lost my latest Bahco. Much prefer it. Wheel is slightly bigger, handle is much nicer, jaws smoother. Very nice.

These:

IREGA 8" (200mm) Super Wide 39mm Ergo Adjustable Wrench | eBay

Put them next to the 8" Bahcos and they are very similar apart from:
-The wheel is slightly bigger so you don't catch your thumb on the wheel housing around it.
-The handle is much nicer. Hardwearing, but is soft and warm feeling, and slightly springy.
-The jaw movement action seems a lot smoother than the Bahcos.

Apart from that it's identical. But the Irega is like someone sat down with an 8" Bahco and said 'Right, how can we make this even better'.

Aye seen them on ebay too and have saved one on my watch list to consider....dont want to be buying too many wrenches of same size though, unless its normal to have a spare or something....have now got 7" & 9" footprints, 8" Bahco 8072 (unused made in Sweden purchase from ebay), 9" pump pliers.....so was thinking maybe a 12" is all im likely to need.....correct me if wrong though folks.

Well i have found a guy on ebay that had an old unused reversable jaw version of the 9072 and this was made in Sweden so have bought it at a wee bargain price of £10 delivered along with a old unused 8071 for a tenner too.....here's a picture of the 9072.

imagejpeg

cant seem to attach the pics. oh well..

Attachments

• 9072 front.jpg
    9072 front.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 52
  • P1040456.jpg
    P1040456.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 50
These:

-The wheel is slightly bigger so you don't catch your thumb on the wheel housing around it.
-The handle is much nicer. Hardwearing, but is soft and warm feeling, and slightly springy.

Apart from that it's identical. But the Irega is like someone sat down with an 8" Bahco and said 'Right, how can we make this even better'.

I agree, to me though it seems that Bahco are throttling back on quality and have been doing so for sometime whereas Irega have seen what's been going on and gone full steam ahead with improving quality.

My Irega's are are a fantastic bit of the kit, I have the 8 and 6inch SWO's. wouldn't go back to Bahco's now.

Was told today the PTS have removed the Bahco spanners from their keyworded item list.

These:

they are exactly the same as channel locks code blue while not bad tools the handles crack after a while heres a pic go compare
Channellock 6WCB WideAzz Adjustable Wrench with Code Blue Grips,Over 1-1/2-Inch Opening 8-Inch Overall Length - Amazon.com

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello All
Since 2006 the whole production process, tools, machineery and skills to produce the range of Bahco Adjustable Wrenches was transferred to the Bahco facility in Spain. The range includes the standard 80 series, the 90 series with handle and such varients as -P which has a reversibel jaw for use as a pipe wrench, -T which has a thin jaw profile to increase access, for example on locking nuts. The family 9029, 9031, 9033 & 9035 are all part of the wide jaw range where a shorter handle length than normal is used to offer extra access when needed on large dimension hexagons. You can see more of the range on the Bahco website www .bahco. com. I hope this helps

Hello All
Since 2006 the whole production process, tools, machineery and skills to produce the range of Bahco Adjustable Wrenches was transferred to the Bahco facility in Spain. The range includes the standard 80 series, the 90 series with handle and such varients as -P which has a reversibel jaw for use as a pipe wrench, -T which has a thin jaw profile to increase access, for example on locking nuts. The family 9029, 9031, 9033 & 9035 are all part of the wide jaw range where a shorter handle length than normal is used to offer extra access when needed on large dimension hexagons. You can see more of the range on the Bahco website www .bahco. com. I hope this helps

are you a bacho employee?

i have some bacho adjustable's that say made in france?

Yes I work for Bahco, I am keen to know the history of the Adjustable Wrench that is identified as being made in France, which model is it?

I have the old type Britool adjustables and they are the dogs danglies. Beware of the new Britool "expert" branded ones as these are foreign made rubbish.

Yes I work for Bahco, I am keen to know the history of the Adjustable Wrench that is identified as being made in France, which model is it?

i will find them out this weekend and let you know, hidden in back of shed at the mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Good stuff, yep I can’t totally relate to...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
K
Do NOT take the boiler casing off. You need...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back