Basic Tools | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Basic Tools in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

H

Hannah

Which is the best place to get good quality basic tools from e.g. Hammers, Pipe cutter etc?

I'm getting myself a tool box together :)

Hannah x

Don't buy cheap tools though, you'll end up paying twice.

I know it's not the weather but car boot sales can be a gold mine.

That's what am saying my tutors at school said if you buy cheap ones they can become dangrous or they break and you have to buy another so your paying twice. I don't mind about the money because when I have the money I can buy them. Or it's something people can buy me for Christmas :)

Oh well, christmas is coming

And they'll be pleased when you redo the bathroom for them!

In level 2 you learn how to take a bathroom to peices and at the end you learn how to put it together again!

I don't think my mum would let me in the bathroom until i knew how to put it all back together again haha x

Don't buy cheap !

Core tools will last u years.

Decent claw hammer (16 oz estwing. - the best)

Vde screwdriver set

Vde wire cutters ( knipex)

Grips ( knipex cobra)

Adjustable ( bacho wide jaw 6 ")

Monument cutters 15 22 and 28 possibly

Bacho junior hacksaw , basic tension frame one

File

5m tape

Folding rule

basic rule, only buy what you need to use for now. the more expensive and less used items are for later

I'm going to get myself:
Hammer
Manual Screw Drivers
Pipe cutter
Pipe bender
Tape measure
Boat level

Thats about it what am using so far! I want to get my own tools so i get the feel of my own tools and they will be better looked after :)

Best bit of kit is a decent belt, to avoid cracks on display, esp one with a thong! Also old tools were better quality than some of the tat on sale now! My best buy to date was the contents of a van sold buy a lad who just gave up! £90 for over £800+ of tools and spares, still working my way through his box of 28mm ef parts

That set of three Rothenberger water pump pliers mentioned earlier would be a very useful addition to the toolbox. Not cheap but worth every penny & you'll find yourself using them all the time.

Yeah defo getting a pair of them I use them all the time I hardly ever use the normal plyers I use water pump ones because there ajustable and easier :)

I got a used kit + added new things to it and its done me good apart from pipe slices which needed replacing, b&q do a £99 dewalt drill, and sometimes merchants reduce prices on good tools because they cant get rid e.g pressure testers etc I got a box load of of stuff including rothenberg superfire 2 blow torch about £500 worth of tools for half the price worth a look in id say

Lets change the game here!!

which of the more established engineers here. Have that second tool bag with the early basic tools they had. Which is now gathering dust and taking room in their lock up.

could kindly donate to hannah the spanner :)

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, looking to gain experience as a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That got me thinking, I tried the rothy slice...
Replies
Views
A
Small family business based in Kent, looking...
Replies
Views
Hello Alex, I am a self employed engineer and...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
  • Question
What about the return nice flow from it same...
Replies
Views
Back