Basic Tools | Plumbing Tools | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Basic Tools in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

H

Hannah

Which is the best place to get good quality basic tools from e.g. Hammers, Pipe cutter etc?

I'm getting myself a tool box together :)

Hannah x

Bahco are good but I use Todays tool adjustable I got from tool station half the price of Bahco and its good quality and is pretty much the same apart from the name. But stay away from the sliverline range toolstation sell! all there other stuff is pretty good.

Don't agree any more! I'm a hilmore, glm and c35 always have been. Two apprentices have robo / plumb center and they always producucing perfect bends. Bad tradesman blames his tools!
Yup ...but is a true excuse ;) ...never have been able to get on with them....If you were nearer scotland have a cheap bender I bought before i got my new hilmor :)

Best bit of kit is a decent belt, to avoid cracks on display, esp one with a thong! Also old tools were better quality than some of the tat on sale now! My best buy to date was the contents of a van sold buy a lad who just gave up! £90 for over £800+ of tools and spares, still working my way through his box of 28mm ef parts

WOW! You dropped on good then, I hope i drop on someone that sells most of the equiptment! :)

I would and do frequent ALDI there is no guarantee that what you want will be there
but when it is its really quite good stuff and cheap. All the electrical stuff is Black
& Decker re-badged centralheatking
Which is the best place to get good quality basic tools from e.g. Hammers, Pipe cutter etc?

I'm getting myself a tool box together :)

Hannah x

I would and do frequent ALDI there is no guarantee that what you want will be there
but when it is its really quite good stuff and cheap. All the electrical stuff is Black
& Decker re-badged centralheatking

Must admit I bought a wall chaser from aldi about 7 years ago and it's still going strong. Not to be used in occupied buildings tho :)

Lets change the game here!!

which of the more established engineers here. Have that second tool bag with the early basic tools they had. Which is now gathering dust and taking room in their lock up.

could kindly donate to hannah the spanner :)

I think you need to keep up lol.
hannah does not do nuts yet. so what good is the spanner to her? I reckon when she gets 2b 23, she will start doing nuts. Then a spanner will come in handy.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, looking to gain experience as a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That got me thinking, I tried the rothy slice...
Replies
Views
A
Small family business based in Kent, looking...
Replies
Views
Hello Alex, I am a self employed engineer and...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
  • Question
What about the return nice flow from it same...
Replies
Views
Back