best place to ask? parents need a new "reliable" combi boiler. best choice? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss best place to ask? parents need a new "reliable" combi boiler. best choice? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was leaning towards an intergas combi.

my parents are getting on now and my mum isn't well, she cant have loads of stress/people traipsing through the house. one thing that's putting my dad off replacing the boiler is if a plumber when he fits it needs to go in every room power flushing the rads individually, to meet the warranty terms. is this a possibility or do some boiler manufactures not need a power flush?

Last edited:
Re: best place to ask? parents need a new "reliable" combi boiler. choices?

It depends.
What type of system is coming out.
Is it just a combi swap ??.

take them somewhere nice for a couple of days while the work is being done?

Best choice

It depends.
What type of system is coming out.
Is it just a combi swap ??.

sorry. yes its a straight swap. well almost, obviously depends on the differences between a new combi and a swiftflow 80.

take them somewhere nice for a couple of days while the work is being done?

would do only she doesn't go out much, immune system is not good. certainly don't think she would be comfortable in a Hotel.

We gas lads dont tend to get out of bed til 10am and finish at 3.30.

Life of riley you know ,

I like the duotec he a range. Good boilers and well priced. You can't really go wrong with most of the well known boilers. ( I can't comment on inter gas never worked on one, all I can say is there ugly boilers)

When they come to fit it they will have to go into every room where there is a radiator. Not necessarily for a powerflush but that depends on your system. I like to put cleaner in and leave it for a week then flush it out when doing an install. Then fit a magna clean.

intergas only require the system to be flushed on completion of install to remove flux etc, not power flushed. They are my choice as the is a nice wide bore pipe in the hex, so not likely to block and there isnt a plate hex to get full of crud either. However if you employ any decent installer he will want to check all the rads are working properly on completion etc.

I like the duotec he a range. Good boilers and well priced. You can't really go wrong with most of the well known boilers. ( I can't comment on inter gas never worked on one, all I can say is there ugly boilers)

When they come to fit it they will have to go into every room where there is a radiator. Not necessarily for a powerflush but that depends on your system. I like to put cleaner in and leave it for a week then flush it out when doing an install. Then fit a magna clean.

+1,baxi duotec hea is a 7 year warranty baxi platinum hea is 10 year,both the same boiler,very reliable and good performas

intergas only require the system to be flushed on completion of install to remove flux etc, not power flushed. They are my choice as the is a nice wide bore pipe in the hex, so not likely to block and there isnt a plate hex to get full of crud either. However if you employ any decent installer he will want to check all the rads are working properly on completion etc.

not a problem for him to check the rads. they just didn't want loads of tools and powerflushing stuff in the bedrooms.

A lot of customers reckon thats what we are doing when they phone for an instant response for a dripping tap!!

They don't seem to think we have work booked in but we just go straight to the job that's just called

Intergas is brilliant for the fist 4 years with wide bore but it ends up like inside of a pulse coil DHW loop. 4mm dia because of scale. And i bet I can swap a plate faster and for 1/8th of the cost of intergas replacement hex

not a problem for him to check the rads. they just didn't want loads of tools and powerflushing stuff in the bedrooms.

Even if power flushing is needed there is not a huge amount of work to be done in every room. You will have a pump in 1 place and then need to gain access to the radiators to bled, turn on and off and give them a whack with a rubber mallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Looks like a faulty or incorrect set Automatic...
Replies
Views
The Rapid does not have the low pressure warning.
2 3
Replies
Views
Mega flow 210i /capacity 195ltr. Was the...
Replies
Views
Back