Boiler advice | Boilers | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler advice in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Looks as if the boiler is cycling, can you open up all your rads, zone valves, TRVs, whatever fully, and see the boiler reaction, also can you see what the minimum output is on CH,. Even though you shoiuldn't have to do it IMO, you may be able to range rate the boiler on CH to 25kw or whaever the total rad output is, what does your installer say?.
The boiler has a 35KW output on the heating side but can go as low as 5.1KW and I have 18 rads, so this shouldn't be an issue, I wouldn't have thought.

I called Worcester this morning and they sent out their engineer but tbh, he didn't even know how to get into the installer setting on the LCD display. He hadn't seen one of the 8000 yet and I had to show him how to access and change the settings. He said that there are no error codes so it is fine but given he didn't know the first thing about the boiler, I am not convinced.

Is it possible, given the modern nature of this boiler, that it is "learning" what my house requires in terms of output and will settle over a few days?

The boiler should fire up and remain running until either heating demand satisfied or boiler minimum output of ~ 5kw is greater than the heating load, in which case the boiler will cycle, I would get the installer back and see if the pipe work etc is connected properly. Surely there were some commissioning checks carried out.

The boiler should fire up and remain running until either heating demand satisfied or boiler minimum output of ~ 5kw is greater than the heating load, in which case the boiler will cycle, I would get the installer back and see if the pipe work etc is connected properly. Surely there were some commissioning checks carried out.
The installer did do the commissioning checks and it was him that said something was wrong initially. He wanted to get Worcester out to see it as he feels it’s a fault with the boiler and has been told there is a software fault that can cause this. However the reset that normally fixes it, is not doing so in my case.

As it was late in the day yesterday, I called Worcester this morning.

Think I’m going to need to call them again and just say they need to send someone that actually has experience of this boiler.

Pretty poor that one of their own engineers doesn’t know how to access the engineer section on the boiler if you ask me.

Hi Russtcm,

Did you get this issue resolved - I have some similar issues with a WB 8000?
Yes I did. I spent a lot of time watching the boiler in the service menu to see what mode it was going into. It turned out that it was going into hot water mode every time that anyone or any appliance used cold water in the house. I have very high water pressure and flow where I am and the conclusion was that the back pressure when the cold water was switched off was activating the hot water mode and therefore interrupting the heating. The solution was to fit a non return valve and damper.

Since then it has worked perfectly.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back