Boiler choices. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler choices. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TBServices

Off to do a quote tomorrow, gonna offer Vaillant Pro and Plus, and the Logic and Vogue.

Been quoted £831+ for the vogue inc flue (not £975 - I knew they were discountable!) which only makes it £24 cheaper than the 831. Really want to give one a try but have a feeling it might bite me on the bum.

What do you guys think?

P.S. don't tell me to fit a Worcester, or an intergas, or a viessman, or a baxi. These are the only options. Just want to know what you think about an untested, expensive boiler.

Looking at the Vogue they are very like the Vaillant internals. If you fit one let us know how similar they are.

Off to do a quote tomorrow, gonna offer Vaillant Pro and Plus, and the Logic and Vogue.

Been quoted £831+ for the vogue inc flue (not £975 - I knew they were discountable!) which only makes it £24 cheaper than the 831. Really want to give one a try but have a feeling it might bite me on the bum.

What do you guys think?

P.S. don't tell me to fit a Worcester, or an intergas, or a viessman, or a baxi. These are the only options. Just want to know what you think about an untested, expensive boiler.
I'm in the same boat, I pulled out of including the Vogue in a quote as I wasn't confident fitting a pricey boiler that had only just been released!

I'm fitting a Logic + tomorrow, I'm doing my bit to keep 'Ol Blighty afloat! On that note, I might start installing Heatlines and Ferollis, that will keep hundreds of breakdown engineers in jobs :D

If we wanna stay in business i recommend potterton puma's ! My gas lad looked after housing estate that all had them he used to park in round and walk from door to door fixing em!

Plumbase tom, Used an independent for a while but they are now offering me good price. prefer to use independent but moneys money :)

Hmmmm, I might try to sway them! Been waiting for my chance! Also, the reason they're after a new boiler is the plate to plate has gone on their old boiler.

Only thing is, I'm only gonna get 3 year warranty on intergas, which may be a problem.

Might try that new trappex filter too, £56 at the gas safety shop online.

putting another one in on monday and will have the trappex filter too.
sway them by telling them they will save money on repairs in the future

One thing with the vouge being so new Ideal will jump on any problems sharpish so even if an issue arises should be stood on quite quickly.

Plus you can tell us what they're like as well ;)

Might try that new trappex filter too, £56 at the gas safety shop online.

Hadn't realised these were available now, may have to order a couple up to try, has any one tried one yet?

Those trapex filters look nasty, anyone fitted one? Seven year warranty on vaillant now.

What do you guys think?

How much you charging for labour on it???
if you dont mind me asking

Bg have got a little more realistic i did one november time and i was only 200 cheaper in the end, they where at the 4 grand figure and talked it down to 2500

I wouldn't mind 2.5k for a swap, you can beat that and still make good money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Get a few more quotes, if the system worked...
Replies
Views
No, decided to go for Viessmann Vitodens 100-W...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Main eco, Baxi 600 or 800 5, 7 or 10 years...
Replies
Views
Back