Boiler choices. | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler choices. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a price for the intergas from plumb centre, matches the standard plumbase price on the net. Sounds like they might go for it.

Dancin, how did you find the trappex?

Got a price for the intergas from plumb centre, matches the standard plumbase price on the net. Sounds like they might go for it.

Dancin, how did you find the trappex?
looks ok, tho dont like the colour, fitting it tomorrow TB

Cool, let me know. I thought white was a strange choice, will be grubby in 10 mins

It's like a magna clean or a tf1, it's to filter out magnatite and debris, and stop it entering the boiler.

Well I've just done another quote to start Monday, ideal vogue and Magnaclean 2 going in.

Looks like the others will go with with an intergas 28 and a trappex, so I'll make some comparisons and write them up when I'm done.

Well, here's the vogue:

utuhevuv.jpg

And lovely she is too. Obviously got to go back tomorrow to lag up and whatnot. Couldnt get the boiler until about 1 due to the snow. First impressions are good, easy to fit like the logic, the digi display is good (less confusing than Vaillant), specs are good and I think it may be the quietest boiler I've ever fitted.

Can't say that I'm as impressed with the new Magnaclean. Mainly as I can see how I'm gonna get my magnacleanse on it.

good job there tom, thought you was going to use trappex filter ? dont magnaclean have pushfits ?

Looks good, I thing you need a new adapter for you magnacleanse though havent seen one yet.

I didn't have time to order a trappex for this job, gonna try use one next time. How did you find it?

New Magnaclean has speedfit type connectors then you lock them in (rather than relying on pressure).

I know, got my hands on a trappex and am quite impressed, need to give one a whirl this week to see how effective it is though. (gone up on gas safety shop now £65)

put one in today, simple to do, tho comes with copper olives and the thing to turn iso's is incorporated with the thing to open the lid, which makes it awkward to use on iso's. spose just use grips. oh and it was white, by end of job wont be so white :)
will see how it fares in a year, but its a new system so there wont be too much shyte in it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 48
Nice one TB, great job! Did you remember to set your own telephone number into the boiler for faults/servicing?

C'mon TB, don't tease us with the flap up!

I fitted the Logic+ thursday and was quite impressed. Somethings I disliked, but overall I was pleased with it considering the price.

IMG-20130117-00068.jpg

Certainly looks smart, is there a option for a stand off kit or is that not available yet?

Nice looking job that . But I'll. ever trust ideal again, to many blown pcb,s to explain away.

Cheers Leo, if the logics are anything to go by, should be solid as a rock.

The menu screen is excellent, inspired by vaillants I would say, but better. Easier to navigate and no stupid hidden installer code to input. Tells the customer when it needs servicing and shows your number to call.

Can change frost protect, pre-heat parameters etc, easily, and it makes filling out the benchmark a doddle. Great stuff.

Expensive!

Still have reservations about the boiler, HW not fantastic - I'm convinced the plate hex isn't big enough. Am revisiting the boiler on Friday and will report back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Get a few more quotes, if the system worked...
Replies
Views
No, decided to go for Viessmann Vitodens 100-W...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Main eco, Baxi 600 or 800 5, 7 or 10 years...
Replies
Views
Back