Boiler constantly switching off and on | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler constantly switching off and on in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
just read the whole story and first thing mentioned was dont touch boiler stat, so id be looking there initially then checking pump working correctly as its awfully like overheating and knocking off all the time

Yeah think I've been told a few white lies....!!!!! It's definitely kicking in when I turn it below its setting. The pump is working and noticed runs a while after the boiler keeps cutting out. Feels like the water is pushing through it very well but I'm no expert in weather it's doing its job properly. Would this stop/start the boiler all the time?

You may not have been told a few white lies but sometimes you can have a multitude of issues, repair one, next one kicks off and so on. Bit like a car, you end up spending a small fortune as the mechanic chases problems.

My advice is get someone in and stick to them, they may not cure the problem immediately but at least they know what they've done and tested and where there up to!

Bit like going to the doctor, they send you to the hosp for a test, then another and another and eventually someone collates it all and gives you the result.

For me nothing worse than coming into a job after 2 others have been playing, you presume they know what they're doing and what they did is correct and was an issue in the first place.

You may not have been told a few white lies but sometimes you can have a multitude of issues, repair one, next one kicks off and so on. Bit like a car, you end up spending a small fortune as the mechanic chases problems.

My advice is get someone in and stick to them, they may not cure the problem immediately but at least they know what they've done and tested and where there up to!

Bit like going to the doctor, they send you to the hosp for a test, then another and another and eventually someone collates it all and gives you the result.

For me nothing worse than coming into a job after 2 others have been playing, you presume they know what they're doing and what they did is correct and was an issue in the first place.

I totally agree hence why a family friend recommended this time served engineer. He just leaves me for a week at a time and won't contact me to plan the next plan of action. No condidence on him now and can't keep waiting a week at a time with 3 young kids in the house hence why I'm asking for you inputs...!!!! Cheers for taking time to answer I really appreciate it guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back