Braided flexible pipe to supply a radiator? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Braided flexible pipe to supply a radiator? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I ended up repairing it myself
I know the compression joints are a bit amateurish but I was reasonably happy with my pipe bending. It'll be less likely to leak now.

1548620905030..jpg

Okay. Thanks for the tip.

While you're at it, I'd wrap a bit of felt insulation around where your new pipe is in contact with the joist. Also check there is enough clearance between the new pipe and the skirting board to allow repainting when you need to redecorate. It maybe okay as it is but the photo makes it look a bit tight to me.

I ended up repairing it myself
I know the compression joints are a bit amateurish but I was reasonably happy with my pipe bending. It'll be less likely to leak now.

View attachment 36621
Is that your first attempt with a bender? Great work, although I’d remove them valves under the floor due to what has previously been mentioned and added to the fact that they are serving no purpose under there anyway. If you’re not confident at soldering you could use JG straights.

A damp wall and peeling paper led me to investigate the radiator on the floor above it. Lifting a floor board revealed a braided flexible hose connected to the radiator. This didn't strike me as standard practice not to mention the severe kink in the hose. However I think the small slow leak has been the result of the compression fitting joining to the radiator down pipe not being tightened enough.
Does anyone have an opinion on whether using braided pipe in this circumstance is a good idea? Should I replace it with standard copper pipe?View attachment 36514 View attachment 36515
very naughty centralheatking
mind you I had to do this type of temp fix late at night just to keep things going

Looks great

Similar plumbing topics

C
Advice would be very much appreciated. We...
Replies
Views
C
J
bitter? This language won't be tolerated!
2 3
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
L
Thank you for your reply and offer to help...
Replies
Views
Back