BTSC has gone into Administration | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss BTSC has gone into Administration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the course in manchester at the moment and it has not shut down. Apparently there is a new owner who is trying to put right some of the problems caused by the previous management. They seem to be asking for a lot more input from the staff and taking on new ideas. There seems to be a plan to do Electrical training there now, they even have a new addition to the signwork on the building to indicate the fact. Btsc have great facilities but the way some of us trainees have been treated in the past really is out of order. I paid around 8 grand for what was supposed to be a flexible course but I'm now looking at having to pay over £300 for each of my 2 remaining modules. A lot of the bad publicity got back to prospective trainees and that appears to be why many did not take up the course, hence no trainees and hence very little money coming through the company.

Its true and at the same time it isnt true.

That link is from 2007. and I signed up with btsc chessington in 2008 and has just completed my level 3 tech cert, unvented hot water and water regs this year. And when I say this year I mean a few weeks ago I did My Unvented and water regs.

not personaly but many people have, they fall for the sales pitch and promise of £1,000's

Agree with you all . What the sun didn't say male prostitute £200,00 pa tax free or reporter £150,00 with fringe benifits

why does anyone believe the claims of these companies.go on any website who advertise plumbing vacancies average now between £18000, to £26000, and underneath the jobs list ads from training companies saying train for 12 weeks and earn £40000,to £60000,well if you cant work it out that you have no chance then waste your money,last week i saw an advert for a plumber they wanted to pay £8,79 an hour,there are now too many fully trained plumbers scratching for work.

I did the 6129 level 2 at btsc a few months ago. I can see a lot of negative comments on here. But I found that I got exactly what I paid for. The trainers were really helpful and the facilities were top class. It was a lot of hard work and was very intensive, at times it was a struggle to keep up not coming from a trade background but I got there. I'm looking forward to completing my level 3 there when my work allows me time to.

he will be fuzzy, BTSC throw it in as part of the course. if he can find a placement or generate enough work privately they will arrange assessment visits for him.

Yes I will be doing my NVQ2. I want to get my Level 3 6129 done first though. My understanding of it is that the NVQ is to show my comptentcy in the workplace, so there is no additional learning as such. So i want to improve my knowledge first by doing level 3 and then i can do my NVQ's after that. I'm just waiting for my current contract to finish so I can carry on and do my Level 3. really looking forward to it.

there are some blogs and posts on other forums suggesting btsc manchester has been closed. anyone shed any light?

yep i beleive so, i heard from one of the trainers there, that it was on the cards about 3 weeks ago.

basically they just were not getting any new entrants so from a business point of view it became an exercise in spending and not making money, so it shut.

yep i beleive so, i heard from one of the trainers there, that it was on the cards about 3 weeks ago.

basically they just were not getting any new entrants so from a business point of view it became an exercise in spending and not making money, so it shut.

read a blog i found by simply googling, it said that the manchester branch was btsc europe and not btsc uk. although they were the same company they had been split, think they may even have had same owners? maybe somebody can clarify?

so if the case manchester shuts the other centre does not have to honour anything as by rights they are a different company

apparently they have been removing stuff for a while as they were seaking new premises, others suggested this was misleading and was only to ensure they could remove items without suspicion as they knew they were closing down

If this is true were does this leave people? can they get money back, continue with courses somewhere else, or would they have to pay?

There have been many people trained there, worked there or even still there, its interesting to hear peoples views. Maybe even a current employee/owner could put us straight on the facts please, i guess it could help a lot of people

i think peoples only option in terms of legal redress is to contact the receivers with details of what btsc owe them, and they will each receive a pittance from the remaining assets (if there are any)

and yes as it was a seperate registered business the other one has absolutely no liability whatsoever to honour any existing contracts. it remains to be seen whether they will at least offer continued training down in chessington for any displaced students.

yes the owners are the same. a chap named brian wall. before getting into the plumbing sector he did the same thing with 'want to become a estate agent? earn upto £££££££ by sitting on your bum for 6 weeks'

think that went belly up as well

i think peoples only option in terms of legal redress is to contact the receivers with details of what btsc owe them, and they will each receive a pittance from the remaining assets (if there are any)

and yes as it was a seperate registered business the other one has absolutely no liability whatsoever to honour any existing contracts. it remains to be seen whether they will at least offer continued training down in chessington for any displaced students.

yes the owners are the same. a chap named brian wall. before getting into the plumbing sector he did the same thing with 'want to become a estate agent? earn upto £££££££ by sitting on your bum for 6 weeks'

think that went belly up as well

i wonder if a good living has been made prior to going 'belly up'?

i bumped into the guy who used to teach at btsc at the renewables roadshow yesterday at the reebok stadium and he said that after the first btsc closing down scare that started this thread that the owner brian wall sold it to another outfit and that is why it has a different name,.

don't think theres much any of the half completed students can do though whoever the owner

BTSC apparently have done this before, they take peoples money go into receivership then open up under another BTSC name. BTSC UK, BTSC Europe etc avoid them like the plague

anyone with barclays finance.tell barclays that btsc has gone in administration and you havent finished the course.my friend who started with,he had his interest dropped and got 2000 pounds because they couldnt find a place to finish the course.
they wouldnt do it for me because my cousin was my creditor and they they said that the deal was with my cousin and not me.it took them a month to come to that conclusion.i think because we paid the loan off before the interest came,they needed to find a way out of it. please try it you have nothing to lose

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, as a person that has worked for them a while ago and was asked if this lot were still in business I am just checking up, by the way there is no Brian Wall - when you complain it is to a B. Wall as in "complain to a Brick Wall", the owner thinks it's funny see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
Has the world gone crazy, tool prices So, a...
Replies
Views
Dustydazzler
D
  • Question
Is there a stop that prevents the spindle...
Replies
Views
As you stated: The appliance is...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am looking for an experienced...
Replies
Views
Yes, it looked like water had leaked on it...
Replies
Views
Back