But what controls do I ACTUALLY need to have installed with the boiler?! | Boilers | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss But what controls do I ACTUALLY need to have installed with the boiler?! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frelon why not get it installed now by a local engineer, wouldn't cost that much. Could probably sell the nest on eBay and come out even.

When I made enquiries about this amongst my local engineers, none were interested in the job!

The north facing wall of my house where the sensor should be located is rendered in the latest polymer render (white). I do not want wires running down from the sensor on the outside of the house to the boiler so only solution was to come through the wall with the wires and somehow try to run them inside the house (cavity wall) to the boiler - yet another challenge. This was why I wanted the wiring installed during the build process, but builder was uncooperative!

The fall back option was the Nest, and I must say it has worked without any problems since the installation. It links through the internet to the local weather situation (outside temperature) and appears to make adjustments accordingly.

Initial installation of the Nest was a challenge as none of the local heating engineers had any experience of installing the Nest system, but all said they would "give it a go!". No thanks, I do not want to be a guinea pig for their learning!! The authorised Nest installer did it in 30 minutes and gave me a comprehensive run through of the controls - not that much instruction is required.

So overall a less expensive method of installing weather compensation - that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
Pump/feed/expansion are piped/in wrong...
Replies
Views
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
Back