Campaign for real plumbers | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Campaign for real plumbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went to an old customer of mine today, she's had a new bathroom suite fitted. I don't do them. The so called plumber was recommended from my brother in law, who I recommended to do painting not talking. Anyway the plank has connected cold mains to one side of shower and gravity hw to other. So it goes through mixer and over expansion, great. All tiled in pipes go down into floor instead of up into loft so it can't be altered. Any way I get sick and tired of untrained factory,stroke general maintenance people who haven't got a clue and shouldn't be doing it. These types are the ones that turned me away from plumbing and bathroom suites in the first place. She's rang and he,ll back some time next week, leaving her with a over flowing tank. What a t**t. I really think the confidence to ability ratio needs tweaking with some people.

Same thing happens in every trade, you get muppets and you get the guys who are skilled and care about their work and reputation. Sadly the bad guys make more news. It's easier to get a bad reputation than a good one.

Same thing happens in every trade, you get muppets and you get the guys who are skilled and care about their work and reputation. Sadly the bad guys make more news. It's easier to get a bad reputation than a good one.
My gripe is most of these blokes Have no training or a clue what they're doing. You know the type, there van says Plumping, tiling ,fencing ,general building and maintenance. I get headaches from trying to keep up with one trade let alone about five.

At the threat of being called racist, it's the local travelling community that seem to do all of what you've mentioned. Up here, they rip people off left, right and centre. Makes a mockery of doing a 4 year apprenticeship as I did when someone can claim to be a plumber and have little or no training. I carry and show my card at all times now.

Round here it's the ex factory workers, Massey ferguson, the jaguar plant and the Peugeot. I don't blame them for trying to get work, but get training and experience first. Just because they know how to hold a screwdriver without stabbing themselves does not a tradesman make.

I punt an equal amount of the blame back to the customer. Most customers know what it costs per day for a skilled plumber. They go for a cheaper person so they get little sympathy from me after that.

I punt an equal amount of the blame back to the customer. Most customers know what it costs per day for a skilled plumber. They go for a cheaper person so they get little sympathy from me after that.

i find its the other way round the r sole who does it all wrong and then cant be contacted has had all the money and they want you to put it right for peanuts
i forget how many times ive had to correct people when they say this jobs cost me x amount when ive not had any of it get the same with boilers some ones already had 300 quid to put a pcb in which hasnt cured the problem

My gripe is most of these blokes Have no training or a clue what they're doing. You know the type, there van says Plumping, tiling ,fencing ,general building and maintenance. I get headaches from trying to keep up with one trade let alone about five.

I'd really worry if the van said 'plumping'

Having said that I agree, I haven't got good things to say about 'property maintenance' vans or the fireman/postman part time plumber or plumper,

fluffer came to mind then for some reason but thats something entirely different:dizzy2:

Struggling with I phone tonight and
Y fingers are just to fat!

Just started a 16 week refurb on an old folks home, subbing to a firm from up Sunderland way. Foreman told me I was the third plumber they'd had so I asked what had happened. He told me the first bloke took 3 days to NOT fit 3 basins and 3 bogs. The second one managed to fit 2 basins and 1 bog in 2 days but they all leaked from one joint or another. There were 3 basins made up in the container ready to fit so in they went, turned water on and it pist out from under the wastes. He hadn't sealed between the basin and the waste nut! This is basic monkey plumbing we're talking here so I dread to think the disasters these dummies have left in their wake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Belligerent neighbour should be reminded that...
Replies
Views
Thanks Nick, appreciate your input. I've had...
Replies
Views
J
What ...?....
Replies
Views
E
thats why i asked how he knew the pressure but...
Replies
Views
Back