Can you suggest a new forum category? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can you suggest a new forum category? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can opt to subscribe to a thread by selecting at the top 'thread tools' and selecting 'subscribe to this thread...'

It should show up in your profile pages then

just tried this and it just stores it with all the other threads uve posted on, would be better if you had a separate list on your profile

how about a section where we can moan about the general public, out of sight of the main forum . . .

Sometimes it is a bit painful when we have a post going, ripping our customers to shreds, but its on the main forum where people are asking us questions.

Call me old fasion, but I think the least we can do is talk about them behind their backs!

how about a section where we can moan about the general public, out of sight of the main forum . . .

Sometimes it is a bit painful when we have a post going, ripping our customers to shreds, but its on the main forum where people are asking us questions.

Call me old fasion, but I think the least we can do is talk about them behind their backs!

We have that already called the 'Plumbers Arms'...............get yourself joined...................restricted to trade use only

:):)

[DLMURL]http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbers-arms/[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
just tried this and it just stores it with all the other threads uve posted on, would be better if you had a separate list on your profile

You need to go into your settings and select that no threads are subscribed to by default and then you can manually select what to subscribe to if and when required, any probs let me know and I will explain in more detail

Having been chatting to baltimoreplumber this morning, how about a section for our plumbing cousins around the world, Afterall we are on the world wide web and if you do I would like to offer my services as the international moderator so you can send me to meet these guys in person and welcome them to the forum???

do you need a guide for that unguided1 ? if so ill volunteer and make all the necessary sacrifices

Lol bugger off Bod I asked first!!!!
Looking at some of the answers I give on this forum I am more than happy to go blundering in with out training or being registered with any professional associations, unguided by name unguided by nature!!!!!!

just had a thought May be the Administrators could organise some sort of trade show, paid for by the sponsors, who could show their latest kit and all us members could meet each other, If so I will be found flat on me back at the Guinness stand

just had a thought May be the Administrators could organise some sort of trade show, paid for by the sponsors, who could show their latest kit and all us members could meet each other, If so I will be found flat on me back at the Guinness stand

That's a good idea. I used to chat on a different bulletin board (stock market stuff) and there were various meetings throughout the country during the year (about one annually in each area) and a Christmas do in London. My "local" one was for West Midlands and we used to go to a Chinese restaurant in Stratford.

Not sure how well it would work with this forum though as the forum I used to be on had at least 1,000 regular subscribers and one of the objects of meeting up was to talk to each other about different ways of trading and stuff like that. In the plumbing world we tend to do this at the local merchants instead.

Perhaps we could do an hour's chat/mini seminar on a topic, e.g. electrics and central heating or (the dreaded) MCS stuff and how to get going in renewables or a soldering competition as per that plumbing apprentice programme?

That's a good idea. I used to chat on a different bulletin board (stock market stuff) and there were various meetings throughout the country during the year (about one annually in each area) and a Christmas do in London. My "local" one was for West Midlands and we used to go to a Chinese restaurant in Stratford.

Not sure how well it would work with this forum though as the forum I used to be on had at least 1,000 regular subscribers and one of the objects of meeting up was to talk to each other about different ways of trading and stuff like that. In the plumbing world we tend to do this at the local merchants instead.

Perhaps we could do an hour's chat/mini seminar on a topic, e.g. electrics and central heating or (the dreaded) MCS stuff and how to get going in renewables or a soldering competition as per that plumbing apprentice programme?

I like the idea of all the above more so if its at a curry house, as for a soldering competition I would bring me *** lighter to that

well Bod I might even let you buy me a pint if thats your builders bum in the pic!!!!!!

How about a separate forum section for oil fired? There's one for gas but nothing for oil.

With my smelly oil head on, yeah. Oil fired forum pwetty pleeeeeeeeeaase!!!!!

lol are yousure its wise to splinter our industry like this next thing you will want a seperate registration body to fit oil, woops too late

I wonder if there'll be a registration body to cover plumbing forums soon ...

My wife reckons my undercrackers deserve a registration body of their own.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hey there, My organisation - the CIPD - is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I never have, but if it were a decent place...
Replies
Views
My current dispenser is cordless and extremely...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
Back