Card Processing for Plumbers | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Card Processing for Plumbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
We have a new card processing sponsor. Wordpay Zinc. Checkout some information about it here.

https://www.worldpayzinc.com/?utm_source=UKPlumbersForum&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=acquire

There is a calculator on the following page to work out what your best plan could be.

https://www.worldpayzinc.com/pricing

Let us know who you use and why by replying to this thread. But please do checkout our sponsors, as supporting them supports the forum and keeps the place free to use. :)
Always the right price for you

Our pay as you go plan couldn’t be simpler. You just pay for each transaction. No monthly fees, no commitment. But if it suits you better, you can choose a different plan. And as your needs change, your plan can change with you. No penalties.

Last edited:
looks good dan the main problem i see is transactions over £1000 i use my card machine on most my boiler jobs which are from 1500 to over 3k sometimes

also i did a test with 10 of my customers 8/10 said they would rather put there card in a card machine the other 2 said a mobile phone is ok.

O and i am with card save

[video=youtube;5JD87RVUv8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JD87RVUv8o[/video]

You do stick their card in a machine mate. It just syncs with your phone. And I'm pretty sure they have a package for £1k +

For > £1K per month they want you on their PAYG scheme as it yields greater charges for them - they actually say that on their web site, else you're back to streamline etc.... https://www.worldpayzinc.com/pricing

* Subject to our fair use policy. If you process more than £1,000 in card payments per month, we reserve the right to switch you to the ‘Pay as you go’ plan.

If you expect to take more than £25,000 a year in card payments, you may wish to consider an alternative service from WorldPay called Streamline.
Call our Streamline Sales team on
0800 01 01 66

I've looked at one of these for a while but 2.75% is a lot. I don't really see the benefit of having one of these over giving the customer my bank details and getting it instantly while paying no charges?
I like the idea of it. The card machine looks a bit crap though.

You get paid there and then, no having to chase any payments - doubt the customer does bank transfer in front of you do they?
Alternatives are https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/home With NO monthly fee (£20) = 2% on £1000, and the fact that 80% of sole traders probably wouldn;t get approved for card transactions or have to put down such a stupid deposit it does add up for some people. - Course you could always add 2.75% if they pay by card ..

If WorldPay are starting to offer it, give it a few months, and everyone will be, then it will get competitive on fees.

I have a Worldpay machine, its in my bedside cabinet. They did a trial (quite a few months long) along with a couple of others iZettle I think. Anyway, I couldn't ever get the Worldpay software to load on the phone, so never used it. Used the iZettle once.

The izettle machine was really pony. Very flimsy but it did work.

I see Screwfix now sell a PAYG card machine which is very similar to the Worldpay one.

I used to have a Streamline account and a proper machine but the costs were crippling and the contract was 3 years long. Plus the machine always took too long to get a signal and then would play up. Eventually I had to pay Streamline off to get out of the contract. I think Worldpay are owned by Streamline???

For the time being, I'm sticking to BACS payments, and cheques. It's all too complicated otherwise.

Here's my machine (the redundant one)

It is exactly identical to the Screwfix one, which I just looked up:Payleven Chip & PIN Card Reader | NoLinkingToThis

Same rates as the World Pay one. I'm guessing it's all under the Streamline group. 1452129_10151671017191744_9462304_n.jpg

Eventually we're all going to need something like this, as some people are still funny about BACS and as someone pointed out, its nice to get the payment there and then. Plus cheques are a pain.

As I say, I had a proper streamline machine years ago so I can see the benefit. I think if they want to capture the market though, they need to have a flat rate for payments. If it was say a quid fifty per payment, then I'd happily swallow that.

I use card save, great device turned up that looks great, professional and is reasonable rates. I would consider these phone machines when they are better known but at the moment people will be worried about the phone storing there personal data. And Card save use 02 network and if there is no 02 network it will scan for other networks. These phone machines are not for me but each to there own!!

I use card save, great device turned up that looks great, professional and is reasonable rates. I would consider these phone machines when they are better known but at the moment people will be worried about the phone storing there personal data. And Card save use 02 network and if there is no 02 network it will scan for other networks. These phone machines are not for me but each to there own!!
I looked at them. The card machine looks much better. How much do you pay?

I looked at them. The card machine looks much better. How much do you pay?
not sure, think its around £20 a month, 1.5% for credit cards and 30p for debit card transactions. since I got it I have taken 10-15 card payments, a lot easier for custard, no more going to bank with them and no excuses for not paying.

All I know is I had a proper mobile POS machine and hardly used it. Too much hassle. One that hooks to your phone is a great idea.

The Worldpay machine, is better built than the izettle one but identical to the Screwfix one. I will probably get one again. Now we're getting to call out season, it could come in handy.

But why not a flat rate!? It would be so much simpler.

Watch this space. Total coincidence but I've just re-signed up and am waiting for my account to be verified. My last one was disabled as I didn't use it. Got a new card reader for £39.00 as I am told that although it's identical looking, I won't be able to use my old 'trial' card reader.

at the moment people will be worried about the phone storing there personal data.

I'm using a 'new' system called SumUp that's been advertised by OFTEC. You have the app on your phone but all the visa stuff is done one your customer's mobile so there's no way that you can get heir details and store them. They charge 1.95% and the device only cost £20. it works for me and my customers are happy to use it as well.

Isn't the actual unit a bit cheap looking though Robert? I saw that in the current OFTEC magazine, and thought the interest rate was good, but the hardware let it down.

Still not heard anything from World Pay!

It might not look that sturdy but it does work well, and my customers like the idea that they use their phone to pay me.
I also have the Screwfix machine, just in case. The problem is with all of these machines is that if you're out of signal range then they don't work, by that I mean that if you have no phone signal you're still going to need cash or cheque. I live in a rural area and sometimes there is no signal but on the whole I'm satisfied with how both machines work apart from the fact that the money doesn't go in immediately. If they have a Internet connection I just get them to pay with BACS - if they have IB set up that is.

I've been using CardSave for about a year or so now. I'm on my third machine now as they're not as reliable as I would have liked.

CardSave service is ok once you get through to the right people!

As as and when it's working, it's a fantastic asset. All deposits taking for installations taking as well as call outs etc. very useful.

Just hope you get a good machine!

Another happy cardsave customer here. Charged me something like 27p per debit card transaction and 1.5 percent on credit cards for about 30 quid a month for a mobile machine. Always worked flawlessly in rural areas and they replaced the first unit overnight as it did not work. Very friendly and professional. They didn't even charge me a get out fee to end the contract early as I became too ill to work. No higher or lower limits on transactions. I would happily use their services again!

We have a deal on there machine with cheaper prices for UK plumbers give us a shout and I can give ya the prices

Just a quick follow up from my post a few months ago. After much complaining due to two different faults on the machines they have sorted me out with 3 months free line rental and a bunch of freebies

I think cardsave has it's good points and bad points (like most things) but one thing for sure is I wouldn't be with out it now?

Has anyone used Integrity Trader EPOS? I'm trying to find out about them but haven't had a reply in any other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Well put Dan, have a good weekend...
Replies
Views
We thank Job Logic for becoming a sponsor of...
Replies
Views
R
Hi Fubar We're looking at different methods...
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
R
Emptied !
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Ray Stafford
R
Back