CENTRAL HEATING INHIBITOR TO ADD OR NOT | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss CENTRAL HEATING INHIBITOR TO ADD OR NOT in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Not sure if there’s room for a filter

Wall mounted boiler 15 mm pipe out of the bottom running up into ceiling , 2 22mm out the top one with a stock cock , about 8-10 inches clearance from top of boiler to ceiling

I like to fit filters that act as a dosing pot. I guess the whole brass units are much more durable but.....it does make a cheeky inhibitor top up during a service much quicker and easier.

Adey are all plastic as far as I remember. Flowflex market a smashing all brass job which in
my opinion is really very good
AND I did not design it
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Adey are all plastic as far as I remember. Flowflex market a smashing all brass job which in
my opinion is really very good
AND I did not design it
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

They may be plastic but in my opinion are the best on the market made realy tough and great at capturing not only magnatite but also non metilic debris also. A doddle to install. They do a mini version for tight spaces also. And used alongside a magnacleanse makes powerflushing done in a fraction of the time.

Cast iron heat exchanger? Never had inhibitor before? If that’s the case adding inhibitor will be the start of your problems. Pure water in a flushed system with no oxygen will do you for years. You won’t have sticky gloop bleeding out of joints and leaking trv spindles. We never had half the problems in the days before mass marketed inhibitors as we have now.

Cast iron heat exchanger? Never had inhibitor before? If that’s the case adding inhibitor will be the start of your problems. Pure water in a flushed system with no oxygen will do you for years. You won’t have sticky gloop bleeding out of joints and leaking trv spindles. We never had half the problems in the days before mass marketed inhibitors as we have now.

But now we have small bore hex' s, small dwh plate hex's small bore pipework and TRV's. If they where on the old boilers and systems they would never cope with it without a good inhibitor in the system.

But now we have small bore hex' s, small dwh plate hex's small bore pipework and TRV's. If they where on the old boilers and systems they would never cope with it without a good inhibitor in the system.

Fitted many Vaillants back in the early days. Instructions stated no inhibitors required on sealed systems. Those boilers never suffered from the issues we see today like perished o’rings, leaking from spindles etc. Inhibitors aren’t widely used on the continent either but it’s big business in this country, we just chuck the stuff in without really understanding it.

Fitted many Vaillants back in the early days. Instructions stated no inhibitors required on sealed systems. Those boilers never suffered from the issues we see today like perished o’rings, leaking from spindles etc. Inhibitors aren’t widely used on the continent either but it’s big business in this country, we just chuck the stuff in without really understanding it.
I agree totally, we had the first Vaillant
branded van packs in Somerset x5 mid 1980,s great boilers we
never ever fitted a filter. However the heat exchangers are now very small and the water pathways are almost molecular so any debris of any any sort will give the things a terminal heart attack ..its not progress really,
Rob Foster ..aka centralheatking

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
What type of boiler is it?
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back