Repeated Air in Central Heating System - Help appreciated | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Repeated Air in Central Heating System - Help appreciated in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I'm in a bungalow so have them both at the highest possible point, but I think it's a moot point as there was contamination every time somebody ran a bath or shower. With all that air and no inhibitor I must have had some serious rad corrosion going on.

I fitted an Adey Magnaclean filter before the boiler at the coolest point and it's pulled out an incredible amount of crud. The back boiler no longer pops and bangs, I'd attributed that to limescale. Must get rid of the latter, will start a separate thread.

I placed the air separator/vent pipe just before the pump suction, the pump is fitted horizontally tilted about 30 deg. System is more or less self bleeding since.
A lot of problem systems have the pump pumping downwards which doesn't help, also helps a lot if the pump head can be limited to 3M or less. My OV system with a combined cold feed and vent does have the pump pumping downwards but its installed downstairs and outside on the boiler return. I run the pump on a PP setting of ~ 4.3M which results in a effective head of ~ 3M and less as the TRVs throttle in.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the information mate, ill look into...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Several people told me it would be an Airlock...
Replies
Views
Back