central heating thicko | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss central heating thicko in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fallguy299

hi, I've had an Alpha CD50 combi for a couple of years now...

Tonight, Wife using the shower, I walk downstairs feels cold, check rads and they have gone off.

It then dawned on me that the HW takes precedence over the rads? Is this correct with a combi?? If so, I can't believe it's taken me 2 years to work this out.

I just remember the plumber saying that the boiler was state of the art and I didn't really look into what a combi was.

I heard mention of a diverter valve? Is this related.

Any advice would be great, once you've stopped laughing at my lack of knowledge!!

Thanks, Fallguy

you are correct. diverter diverts water from CH to heat the HW

As above, good boiler and ive got one too, Ive had mine for 5 years now and have never touched it!!!!!!

thanks guys. I can reassure the wife now and pretend I knew this all along.

No showering in winter!!!

thanks guys. I can reassure the wife now and pretend I knew this all along.

No showering in winter!!!
i was once called out to a resturant where they had no heating to find they had a constantly running hot tap in the kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back