Cheap Inhibitor. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter jackplumb
  • Start date
  • Replies 78
  • Views 13K

Discuss Cheap Inhibitor. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackplumb

How much better if at all would a cheap inhibitor say around £8 compared to the more expensive mixtures around £15 to £20?

I would be very surprised if there is much in it at all as they should be made to the same British Standard it's like anything i guess your paying for the brand

if its buildcert certified then its going to be a decent product as its passed some industry standard lab tests for its effects on most common metals and system types. The cheaper inhibitors are normally manufactured by one of the larger brands or at the same place larger brands are produced. Some of the reasons i guess branded ones like fernox and sentinal are at the higher cost range is because they not only normally have the best chemical make up but also spend alot of money in RandD.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...sg=AFQjCNFZTFyaLEJwbnmo1JoDz7-kJ4Cp9w&cad=rja

It's like paying £4.00 for Nurofen when you can get the same tablet, Ibuprofen, for 99p.

It's like paying £4.00 for Nurofen when you can get the same tablet, Ibuprofen, for 99p.

Except they allow you to buy as many bottles of cheap inhibitor as you want, and the supermarkets only allow you to buy two packs of tabs at a time.

If you'd decided to end it all, would going through the check-out three times really put you off?

I suppose if you were feeling depressed one might say: "sod it", I can't be bothered today, I'll do it tomorrow!

I once tried to buy three packets and was told at the till 'you can't have all them, we're not a chemists'

I once tried to buy three packets and was told at the till 'you can't have all them, we're not a chemists'

I paid through the nose for some Ibuprofen from our local chemist, four pounds odd, so when in ASDA I thought I'd stock up on a couple of packs of Ibuprofen, and two of Aspirin, the woman said you can only have two packs, she said it's an anti-suicide policy.

I said I was a bit shocked at how much the shopping had come to, but that I wasn't feel that bad about it!

She wasn't having it though, and took two packs off the belt.

But then anyone can buy ten bottles of cheap inhibitor in Wickes, and no one questions it!

How do they know you won't go home and down the lot?

I use calmag cleaner and inhibitor 6quid inc vat from my merchants and its ciphe approved product ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I use calmag cleaner and inhibitor 6quid inc vat from my merchants and its ciphe approved product ;)

that makes 2 of us then.
its this branding stuff again, it all comes from the same factory proberbly ici ?.

Hmm! Once again a possible problem. If you have your central heating on a repair plan such as BG sell. Check if they require only certain makes of approved inhibitor to be used. Its a bit like a car main dealers asking you to only use the manufacturers genuine parts so as not to void your warrant.

Hmm! Once again a possible problem. If you have your central heating on a repair plan such as BG sell. Check if they require only certain makes of approved inhibitor to be used. Its a bit like a car main dealers asking you to only use the manufacturers genuine parts so as not to void your warrant.

BG don't cover the system water under the T&Cs of their HomeCare contract, so the type of inhibitor is unlikely to make any difference.

If the customer has a BG powerflush (currently £599) then they will cover the system water and any consequences following from it.

BG don't cover the system water under the T&Cs of their HomeCare contract, so the type of inhibitor is unlikely to make any difference.

If the customer has a BG powerflush (currently £599) then they will cover the system water and any consequences following from it.

Is that 599 plus vat or including?

If the customer has a BG powerflush (currently £599)......

The Sneaky Gits , all in the t & c .. boring and expensive to ignore !

Fairy liquid from a pound shop!

Fairy liquid lol i was lead to believe that the inhibator was some thing special lol,i know its only used in radiators to stop corrosion.Does fairy washing up liquid work lol

fairy liquid is used insead of a flushing agent, just have to calculate how many squirts are required based on system volume

maybe

fairy liquid is used insead of a flushing agent, just have to calculate how many squirts are required based on system volume

maybe

Doesnt Fairy washing up liquid go further lol and wouldnt it bubble up as well lol

fairy liquid or whatever brand x washing up liquid is full of salt,salt corrodes everything,thats why you cant use it as LDF,so put it in a CH system expect big problems

Anyone know what is actually in inhibitor?

Something that deoxygenates the water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

What type of boiler is it?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Only? I am surprised but thanks for the input.
Replies
Views
W
Thanks so much for your responses. Always good...
Replies
Views
Wes Moore
W
Thanks a lot, put lots more turns on + some...
Replies
Views
Another vote for copper. All copper tube is...
Replies
Views
Back