Cheap Inhibitor. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter jackplumb
  • Start date
  • Replies 78
  • Views 13K

Discuss Cheap Inhibitor. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! @ Red.

I always thought that inhibitor did de-oxygenate the water, however I was corrected at some point.

Water will lose it's oxygen over time, anyway, and heating it up speeds this process. The main thing it does, (apparently) is correct the PH value of the water (I guess they assume it will be slightly acidic, so it's probably an alkaline) and it coats the components, and inhibits corrosion.

I really am no expert in the matter and would be happy to be enlightened.

I was told it puts a thin coat on the inside of the pipework, radiators etc. Sort of pac-a-mac in a bottle.

fairy liquid or whatever brand x washing up liquid is full of salt,salt corrodes everything,thats why you cant use it as LDF,so put it in a CH system expect big problems

EXCELLENT!
One bottle of fairy can bring years of repeat business and ongoing repair work :)

Fairy Liquid is Soooo versatile, not forgetting that it's kind to your hands too :)

Just come back from buying some after your recommendations.

I can't find anywhere to pour it in the boiler, so can I disconnect the shower head (which is easy for me to do) then pour it into the shower pipe before replacing the head?

Just come back from buying some after your recommendations.

I can't find anywhere to pour it in the boiler, so can I disconnect the shower head (which is easy for me to do) then pour it into the shower pipe before replacing the head?

Lmao are you serious?

Not sure what You mean? Fairy liquid will do no harm in a shower hose but under no circumstances do you want to be adding inhibitor.

Call a plumber!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Credit! What for? I doubt he rushed out to buy fairy on our recommendation so i can only assume he plans to add inhibitor via shower hose Lmao :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

He could be jerking your chain!

It's bank holiday weekend and this may be a tentative foray into the land of superior engineers by the inferior sparks forum. :):):)

I just Googled Orbas Inhibitor, evidently its Albanian for Fairy Liquid.
Computers are amazing!

Or buy a WRAS approved one from Toolstation for £6 a litre and collect it as you pay.

Personally for my own heating system (which is new, I fitted it this year) I put the £6 Toolstation inhibitor in and on top of that I put a bottle of Fernox F1. That way I know the system is over dosed and corrosion will be minimal.

For customers I have two different standards. Sentinal/Fernox for customers who have a decent heating system that they are pro-actively maintaining.....and the £6 Toolstation own brand for the customers who clearly don't give a monkeys and have only got you there because something has gone wrong.

It's always up to the customer if they want it, but I strongly push corrosion inhibitor as it makes good sense in the long term.

I just Googled Orbas Inhibitor, evidently its Albanian for Fairy Liquid.
Computers are amazing!
he had a strong scouse accent,evidently his mothers ,brother sons 3rd child was to albanian shoe shiner whose brother played billards for hungry due to a great great grandad been born there

Naked billiards?
You a Royalist mate per chance?

aka big fan of Prince Harry, the punk Prince. His poster on his wall of the Pistols version of God Save The Queen was pure class and I bet grannie wasn't too chuffed about it either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

What type of boiler is it?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Only? I am surprised but thanks for the input.
Replies
Views
W
Thanks so much for your responses. Always good...
Replies
Views
Wes Moore
W
Thanks a lot, put lots more turns on + some...
Replies
Views
Another vote for copper. All copper tube is...
Replies
Views
Back