Combi install, Use of one tap at a time | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi install, Use of one tap at a time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

We have just had a Vaillant ecoTec plus 832 installed. This is a 32 kW rating with a 13 liters per min flow rate. This was the recommended spec from the installer. But it would appear that only one tap can be used at a time (this is worse upstairs). Filling the bath for example means that any other hot tap is reduced to next to nothing. I understood from the installer that this boiler should cope with running two outlets at one?

Many Thanks

Standard combi won't run more than one outlet

Sorry to say will never happen/ cope with two outlets at the same time

Many Thanks for the info.. Ok bit of a trade off then..

Yep your trying to split around 10lpm between two outlets / more which will always be poor

What's your incoming flow?
Stop tap fully open, and the one in the road?

I understood from the installer that this boiler should cope with running two outlets at one?

I suspect the problem may lie with the mains supply or pipework.

Measure the delivered flow to the bath, e.g. by timing how long the hot tap takes to fill a bucket. Compare that with the 13 litres / min that your boiler is supposedly capable of delivering.

If the system has been converted from a traditional storage tank, the pipe sizing may allow the bath tap to starve the other taps in the building. If this is the case, the cheapest 'solution' is just to open the bath tap enough to get 6.5 litres / min leaving capacity spare for the other taps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Di do not know much about this heating stuff...
Replies
Views
Its up to you, I am perfactly happy with 6LPM...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Install an 400l accumulator = no drop
Replies
Views
  • Question
And it's fixed! Had someone move the EV from...
Replies
Views
Ran a few showers earlier and opened up a...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back