Condensate pipe a few questions | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensate pipe a few questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

So basically your saying that because the boiler is trapped. Then anyone can do whatever they want to the condense pipe outside? Surely if it is connected to the boiler it is part of the install and they should be gas safe registered?

I would tend to agree with that.

A blockage in the condensate trap could and most likely will eventually effect combustion.
A Boiler with a dry trap will allow products of combustion to stream from the condensate pipe.
The water from these is acidic and can easily eat its way through building materials.
There are other examples of why one would need to be Gas safe registered and competent in my opinion.

I have seen an oversized Boiler run its trap dry recently and allow POC to flow from the condensate pipe right outside an incoming air vent in a Laundry.

I would tend to agree with that.

A blockage in the condensate trap could and most likely will eventually effect combustion.
A Boiler with a dry trap will allow products of combustion to stream from the condensate pipe.
The water from these is acidic and can easily eat its way through building materials.
There are other examples of why one would need to be Gas safe registered and competent in my opinion.
This is my whole point. We spend hours upon hours on here telling people to get gas safe engineers in for condense work.

Similar plumbing topics

Great advice thank you...cbw1982 I thought it...
Replies
Views
My opinion is that if the thing is installed...
Replies
Views
If my wife poos at all then she's doing it in...
Replies
Views
https://hhic.org.uk/uploads/5BD6D5A19764A.pdf...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back...
Replies
Views
Back