Condensate - Plastic tray, normal practice? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensate - Plastic tray, normal practice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Is the clear hose squashed behind the pipe in picture 2?
We can help you out on here but you need to get the installer back as there is something not right with the condensate pump

I've edged the clear hose up and around the pipe, so it's not squashed anymore.

Should this make some difference?

The installation looks poor, but in principle it should work. Presumably your last pic shows where it's bossed into a sink or similar drain. Maybe matthias's #15 is right, no hole has been cut in the pipe. If so, easy enough to correct. If the pump is wired correctly and the hose isn't kinked, I don't see a problem. Get them back to sort it!

Only have to see the different water levels in the hose to see a problem, might even be the only problem!
Is there a joint in the hose or is it lens/ light trickery?

Op, don't suppose they left the installation guide behind did they?

Can it be arranged so that the clear hose goes vertically up and then flows to a drain point under gravity? I always think these work better like that, lift first. A bit like saniflo - ask RPM!

Having moved the host so it wasn't kinked, there has been little change in the issues unfortunately.

The pump still fills up within about 48 hours and has to be emptied as it starts whirring out loudly and not working properly.

I've not heard back from the installers, I do feel they are stalling quite a bit now - I've been asking them to come out for a number of weeks now.

I asked what the alternative is to having to keep changing the pump and I've been told all they can do is put the condensate into the stack outside, but they aren't supposed to do that. Surely my only 2 options can't be to change water from the pump every 2 days forevermore or to improperly have it going into the stack outside...?

Doesn't sound like the installers will be back tbh. Time to take matters into your own hands so check out some of the suggestions given earlier or start by disconnecting the hose from the boss and running it in to a bucket to see if the pump is even discharging.

Having moved the host so it wasn't kinked, there has been little change in the issues unfortunately.

The pump still fills up within about 48 hours and has to be emptied as it starts whirring out loudly and not working properly.

I've not heard back from the installers, I do feel they are stalling quite a bit now - I've been asking them to come out for a number of weeks now.

I asked what the alternative is to having to keep changing the pump and I've been told all they can do is put the condensate into the stack outside, but they aren't supposed to do that. Surely my only 2 options can't be to change water from the pump every 2 days forevermore or to improperly have it going into the stack outside...?
Sounds like the pump isn't working. It should be possible to fix it. What type is it - diaphragm, centrifugal, peristaltic or what?

Sounds like the pump isn't working. It should be possible to fix it. What type is it - diaphragm, centrifugal, peristaltic or what?

Why is there a pump anyway, is the boiler in a basement ? Centralheatking
Centrifugal pump and doubt it is in a basement as OP said flat with limited room to run pipes that said I still stand by "Incorrectly installed".

The Grundfos and the Saniflo version of these little pumps can be wired in such a way that if the pump fails then it cuts the boiler hence I asked about the installation manual being left on site.

That said, this system should still be totally workable and the pump should run and do its job properly once the issue is found and corrected.
Agree unless the poor little thing is now buggered by pumping against a closed head.

Could be, but most centrifs draw less power at closed valve than at duty point.
Time the OP took it to bits and investigated. We've done all we can IMO.
Wasn't thinking of motor windings damage more of bearing damage and OP hasn't reported back on other findings so bit early to start dismantling it.

I would bet that your boiler benchmark form/certificate has not been filled in with the installer details.

If it has contact gas safe & request an inspection as you have no way of knowing if it has been installed correctly without an independent inspection.

Sounds like your installers may not be all they seem.

I would of been straight around to correct but certainly would not have installed like that as it looks a bit lashed up.

Hope you get sorted,

Andy (Allgoode)

It's never too early to start dismantling! :)
How will he diagnose the problem otherwise?
I would start at the solvent weld joint as advised then pull the hose back (currently runs down and back up - Big no no!) and lay it on the floor with the open end in a bucket.
That way you prove if the problem is the pump or the pipe run and take it from there.

I would start at the solvent weld joint as advised then pull the hose back (currently runs down and back up - Big no no!) and lay it on the floor with the open end in a bucket.
That way you prove if the problem is the pump or the pipe run and take it from there.
I'd have thought the OP would have checked obvious things like blockages and kinked pipes before posting on this forum.
I can't see how it couldn't be fixed, or at least the fault identified, by somebody with a modicum of ingenuity.

I'd have thought the OP would have checked obvious things like blockages and kinked pipes before posting on this forum.
I can't see how it couldn't be fixed, or at least the fault identified, by somebody with a modicum of ingenuity.

Assume nothing, the OP could work for NASA but that doesn`t mean they understand basic plumbing :)
Agree re the fixing or fault being identified however I prefer to see if the pump is working before (Quote) "Taking it to bits". :eek:

Bet they got the holesaw out. And goodie...just because a benchmark hasn't been filled in on paper doesn't mean it hasn't been completed...you still living in 2015 or sooo? Apps these days pal.

Similar plumbing topics

Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Your over thinking this do as I said the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer...
Replies
Views
https://hhic.org.uk/uploads/5BD6D5A19764A.pdf...
Replies
Views
Back