Connecting to black rubber mains pipe | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Connecting to black rubber mains pipe in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I have a cold mains in that is a black flexible rubber looking pipe. Please see photo 1. It is currently connected to a 22mm stopcock.

I’d like to send it 90 deg to the right. This is so I can lower the shelf above it and have the mains come in at a more convenient place. See photo 2 (with annotations).

What’s the best way to connect to this mains pipe? Are there any issues with this plan?

Attachments

• IMG_5112 copy.jpg
    IMG_5112 copy.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5112.jpg
    IMG_5112.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 36
22mm compression elbow and a 3/4 imperial Olive

Almost certainly 1/2 in black alkathene.
If you want to shorten it down 22mm compression fittings with a 3/4 olive works well . You will need to reuse pipe stiffener/insert from existing fitting.
So a 2mm compression elbow with 3/4 olive then reduced to 15,mm and a new stop tap.

But go steady this can be brittle and snap on you depending on age and condition, in fairness yours looks ok. Need a copper liner, is probably one now that you could reuse, or plumbers merchants if not - don’t try and get away without it, even if last person did!

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
Thanks for your reply - softener is brand new...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
  • Question
Nice! I didn't know that existed. Appreciate...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Looks like your attempting to put a plain 3/4...
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back